Accu-Chek Aviva Expert.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help!!! :)
Hi @No1DeadlyPoison
accuchek finally responded to me this morning
I have copied the email they sent me below.
hopefully you may get some joy if you contact them.

Thank you for contacting Accu-Chek.

We would like to inform you that we sent out the Accu-Chek Realtyme cable for data transfer between the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert meter and a PC.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Kind regards,
Sven
Accu-Chek Customer Service Team
Operational Hours
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm

Careline numbers (freephone):
UK: 0800 701 000
ROI: 1800 709 600

Why not visit[www.accu-chek.co.uk]www.accu-chek.co.uk to order your replacement batteries, record diaries and control solution?
Roche Diagnostics Ltd.
Diabetes Care
Charles Avenue, Burgess Hill
West Sussex, RH15 9RY, UK
Registration Number: 571546

Reactions: paulliljeros

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the very same meter and I got the infer red reader from accucheck in the UK at no cost

Reactions: himtoo

Amy993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have an accu chek aviva expert, and have downloaded diasend to my computer. You then plug in the cable, put your meter in front of it and 'share data'. Once that has finished then you can log in to see them!

Spatta5591

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I have this same meter and was having the same issues myself.. I called Accu-Chek who initially told me it would be £15, they transferred me through to the order line where they asked which meter I had etc and told me the infrared to USB lead I needed would be free and I will receive it in 3-5 days... 3days later, today, I have e my lead!
Good luck!

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi
I have the expert and the gubbins needed to connect it to my computer although i don't connect it as i just use the meter itself for information.
I am happy to post the bits you need to Australia if you don't get fixed up yourself.
This is a genuine offer just let me know the address.

Regards
Tony

ps I am assuming the UK version is the same as the Australian one?

D

Deleted member 308541

I am happy to post the bits you need to Australia if you don't get fixed up yourself.
It is very generous of you @Tony337 but I have been looking at a new non Accu-Chek meter at another pharmacy. It will allow me to get the software etc for free from their website.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
No problem at all and good luck.

Tony

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Hi @No1DeadlyPoison
accuchek finally responded to me this morning
I have copied the email they sent me below.
hopefully you may get some joy if you contact them.

Thank you for contacting Accu-Chek.

We would like to inform you that we sent out the Accu-Chek Realtyme cable for data transfer between the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert meter and a PC.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Kind regards,
Sven
Accu-Chek Customer Service Team
Operational Hours
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm

Careline numbers (freephone):
UK: 0800 701 000
ROI: 1800 709 600

Why not visit[www.accu-chek.co.uk]www.accu-chek.co.uk to order your replacement batteries, record diaries and control solution?
Roche Diagnostics Ltd.
Diabetes Care
Charles Avenue, Burgess Hill
West Sussex, RH15 9RY, UK
Registration Number: 571546

Thank you so much for this, means a lot!!! I shall contact them asap! :)

M

mist

Hey y'all, I have had the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert for quite a few months now, but yesterday I went for a Diabetic check up and the nurse there transferred the data from my meter to the computer, I have no idea how she did it because she was behind me and didn't show me what she was doing (which is kind of annoying as it would have been nice to have been shown) the Doctor asked if I had a cable for it, at the time I said yes but when I got home I checked and there isn't a cable with it because it's infrared (me = derp).
I learnt a few new things to help me with my meter, e.g, diasend.com. Never knew about this website thing before, it seems brilliant but i just need to set it up.

Do any of you guys have this meter? and how have you transferred your data to your computer?

P.s sorry for the looong post!

Yes in the past, but the software that comes bundled with these meters are usually terrible. Better just to grab any one of the hundreds of free diabetes log apps and enter your data manually.

D

Deleted member 308541

but the software that comes bundled with these meters are usually terrible.
My DE uses the Accu-Chek 360° Diabetes Management System software and usb attachment, which is what this thread is about. It is a excellent program, which is why I was thinking of getting it for myself.

I am know thinking of getting a different brand meter though, so have no need to get it anymore.

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Yes in the past, but the software that comes bundled with these meters are usually terrible. Better just to grab any one of the hundreds of free diabetes log apps and enter your data manually.
Personally, I don't have the time to manually put the data into a diabetes log, these meters come with programs to put the data onto your computer, but unfortunately for me mine didn't come with a cable, so I just need that, then its perfect.

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
My DE uses the Accu-Chek 360° Diabetes Management System software and usb attachment, which is what this thread is about. It is a excellent program, which is why I was thinking of getting it for myself.

I am know thinking of getting a different brand meter though, so have no need to get it anymore.

The meter I have is a great meter (it's a carbohydrate counting one), but mine didn't come with the cable to connect it to the computer. So hopefully when I get that all will be well. :)

D

Deleted member 308541

So hopefully when I get that all will be well. :)
I hope so mate.
4F2mf.gif

Reactions: No1DeadlyPoison
M

mist

Personally, I don't have the time to manually put the data into a diabetes log, these meters come with programs to put the data onto your computer, but unfortunately for me mine didn't come with a cable, so I just need that, then its perfect.

Isn't it just a standard micro USB cable

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Isn't it just a standard micro USB cable
There isn't an actual port for a cable to go in, so I need something different like a dongle, a transmitter or a sleeve to connect the meter to the computer.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry if I'm being thick @himtoo but what address did you email at Accu Chek? I have one of these meters and it would be useful to be able to get the data off and look through.

D

Deleted member 308541

There isn't an actual port for a cable to go in, so I need something different like a dongle or a transmitter to connect the meter to the computer.
As I said before the meter fits in to a sleeve on the usb cable, you put the meter in with the infra red sensor end at the top of the meter in first.

Then you plug the cable in to a usb2 port on you computer.

No micro usb cables needed what so ever.

Reactions: No1DeadlyPoison