Accu Chek Mobile

TT17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes and yes did you get a prescription change form in the box if so just give it to your doctor / pharmacist and they should be added to your prescription well that's how it works at my gp's

SueR

I got my Accu-check Mobile - the latest version - free from Accu-check.

I must say that I have used other devices but I love the Mobile, it's easy to use and there's no messing about with test strips. I have no problems getting the cassettes and lancets from the GP either.

mattr

Definitely recommended from me.

My priority is the speed, convenience and pocket friendliness of one item vs a testing kit.

Received my first complmentary but was prepared to pay for the upgraded newer model which is a bit thinner and has USB cable and better lancer which does not require loading/cocking.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Johnboy59 said:
Just bought one of these on Amazon. Very impressed for £18. Anyone else got one? Can I get the cassettes and needles on prescription?

I see your type 2 so much will depend on your gp whether or not you get the cassettes and needles on prescription, type 1's get them on prescription but with type 2's it can be hit and miss.

I used the Accu-Chek Mobile when it first came out and found it to be too bulky and awkward, that said I do know they have updated the meter since so can't really comment what the newer version is like.

SueR

I'm a type two who uses insulin, so I have no problem getting testing equipment.

The latest Mobile is slimmer and easier to use the the older versions. I love it because it's all in one and fits neatly into my bag.

I e mailed Accu-check asking questions about the latest version and they sent me an e mail saying they had sent me a new machine. Must say I extremely pleased when it arrived because it is better than the older version. If you use the old version e mail them and ask for an upgrade. They make the money on the testing cassettes - I am sure they will want people to continue using their products, so should send you out a new one.

Reactions: 2 people
COMMENT ON ACCU CHEK MOBILE. Very convenient anad easy to use, but I waste a proportion of the testing tape when it tells me there's too little blood to test. I have been testing for years on more manual testers, and find this very annoying as I know that the blood sample is completely OK.
MAUREEN :?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
maureen-williams said:
COMMENT ON ACCU CHEK MOBILE. Very convenient anad easy to use, but I waste a proportion of the testing tape when it tells me there's too little blood to test. I have been testing for years on more manual testers, and find this very annoying as I know that the blood sample is completely OK.
MAUREEN :?

Complain to Roche and let them know, it is annoying when this happens!

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Johnboy59 said:
Just bought one of these on Amazon. Very impressed for £18. Anyone else got one? Can I get the cassettes and needles on prescription?

I used to have one. I liked it alot but I gave it up because:
  1. The "strips" are absurdly expensive
  2. The data download facility sucks.
  3. I got a lot of bum "not enough blood" tests
  4. It's absolutely massive compared to my Bayer Contour USB

The price of the meter is irrelevant, if you have to pay for your own strips.

SueR

I think it's simply a case of what suits you.

I like it because it's all in one and there's no messing about with strips. I'm partially sighted and can be very clumsy at times, so it's ideal for me. No fiddling with strips and no worry about disposing used one. It's compact and easy to carry around. Suits me down to the ground and I'll stick with it.

I have tried other monitors - I made a point of getting several free ones - and so far this is the best I have tried.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
SueR said:
I think it's simply a case of what suits you.

If you have prescription for your strips, then I agree with you. If you have to pay for your own strips then the prime considerations are:
  1. Cost
  2. Cost
  3. Cost
  4. Cost
  5. Cost
  6. Cost
  7. Accuracy
  8. Convenience

AccuChek Mobile fails the cost test every time.

SueR

I'm a type 2 who uses insulin and have a very understanding GP, so in my case cost doesn't factor into it..

Yes I know the strips are expensive - think they are the most expensive ones to buy. I can go through 100 a month with all of the testing that's required. If cost was a factor I think I'd be using a basic one too.

Trina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who don't try, negative thinking
Hi There
Yes, I too think this device is truly wonderful. I travel around quite a bit in the car and when I used one of the strip glucose monitors I was for ever losing the strips, had to find a place to lose the needles and so it goes on. This is just the job and no worries about disposal either. I obtain the cassette and needle dispenser on prescription. The only unfortunately thing for me is that later this month I am to go on to the Accuchek pump and the glucose monitor is back to the strip........ :( However, I think moving on to the pump will be a bonus............be warned I will be either singing its praises or moaning and groaning.

Back to the subject in hand though, its a truly great environmentally friendly device.

kathyfardell

I purchased the Accu Chek Mobile when it first came on to the market, I was so impressed that I bought another to keep at work. I do not get free strips so it became too expensive buying the cassettes all the time I had to give it up for the ibgstar i use with my iPhone. Not as easy to use as it's fidly but it is so much cheaper.

kathyfardell

I purchased the Accu Chek Mobile when it first came on to the market, I was so impressed that I bought another to keep at work. I do not get free strips so it became too expensive buying the cassettes all the time I had to give it up for the ibgstar i use with my iPhone. Not as easy to use as it's fidly but it is so much cheaper.

kathyfardell

neilrow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who constantly complain
I have been a diabetic for over 30 years and use the Accu-Chek Aviva regularly. However, I took delivery of the Mobile and although it is marginally faster the battery life is awful. I have used 3 sets of batteries, 2 per set (AAA) and only 150 tests. The Aviva battery can last almost a year or more and is definately far superior to the AAAs used in the Mobile.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
neilrow said:
I have been a diabetic for over 30 years and use the Accu-Chek Aviva regularly. However, I took delivery of the Mobile and although it is marginally faster the battery life is awful. I have used 3 sets of batteries, 2 per set (AAA) and only 150 tests. The Aviva battery can last almost a year or more and is definately far superior to the AAAs used in the Mobile.

I had a similar problem with the Accu-Chek Nano using up the batteries fast, the helpline said to reset the meter which resolved the problem, not sure how to do this on the Mobile but the Helpline will advise you.

SamH

I have used both versions of the Accu-Chek Mobile, and have found both to be extremely satisfactory. As for problems with "too little blood applied" I think the design of the cassettes has been updated, as the section where you apply the blood is now rounded rather than flat (if you get me?)