Adcal D3

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi..
I have just started taking Adcal d3 because of results of bone density scan. I have 2 questions:

What is the carb content of 2 tablets? It says that they do contain some sugar but does not give exact amount.They did seem to raise my blood sugar a little.

As I am already taking 2 teaspoons Cod liver oil daily, what is the maximum daily dose of vit D and do I need to worry about having too much?

thank you

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Amounts involved are minimal .

Per tablet:

Calcium carbonate: 1500mg equivalent to 600mg of elemental calcium

Colecalciferol: 400iu equivalent to 10μg vitamin D3

This product also contains sucrose (part of the vitamin D3 concentrate: approximately 1.7 milligrams per tablet) and soya oil (also part of the vitamin D3 concentrate: approximately 0.3 milligrams per tablet).

As to the dosage please consult your pharmacist for this information.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Cally, having been on long term (3 years) steroid use I was prescribed Adcal-D3 to help stop any osteo damage done by the steroid, recently I have been weaned off the steroid (YeeeHaaa) and as a result I have cut down the Adcal from 1 tablet twice a day to 1 tablet once a day. On my next chest clinic visit I am expecting to be taken off Adcal completely.

I was expecting a big drop in bg levels on coming off the steroid but in reality it has been less than I expected but seems to be still dropping but very very slowly, I believe because it takes a few months for my body to return to normal and my cortisole levels to stabilise. The difference in dropping from two Adcal tabs a day to one I was not able to measure at all so I don't believe they have made any significant difference to my levels at all.

I was told that they can increase the chance of kidney stones, but thankfully I have not suffered that side effect. I did however fall down a flight of stairs just over a year ago and badly bruised my knee, however the only broken bone I suffered was a small fracture to my thumb where I had grabbed the banister rail, so IMHO they do work as laying at the bottom of the stairs I had fully expected to have at least one broken leg :D

Cl1ve

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi . I have to take adcal-3D and iv been trying to fine the total carbs per tablet . I have only found on source of information and it is telling me that they are 5 calories and zero carbs . If anyone knows anything different I would love to here

Clive