Addisons Disease

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anybody in here been diagnosed with Addisons?

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been diagnosed with this yesterday after 3 days of tests, just starting to feel a wee bit overwhelmed this morning lol and feeling a bit lost. All the info flung at me is starting to pile up in a log jam in my head.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I've been diagnosed with this yesterday after 3 days of tests, just starting to feel a wee bit overwhelmed this morning lol and feeling a bit lost. All the info flung at me is starting to pile up in a log jam in my head.
It's no wonder you are feeling a bit more than overwhelmed by it all feeling decidedly cr*p doesn't help with taking in info.
This site http://www.addisons.org.uk/index.php/articles.html/_/about-the-adshg has a wealth of info which you can read at your leisure.
Give a shout if you want any help or are worried about anything.

Reactions: 2 people

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that's half the problem, I feel so weak and exhausted and ILL that it's affecting my judgement, I have PMed you and will stop whining on the page now. Thanks so much and thanks

Last edited:

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Update and thanks now - I'm starting to stabilize and feel a bit stronger now. Still generally tired but having short bursts of energy esp in the mornings. No probs at all with the steroids so far. Still not been out socially in a year and mainly housebound but at aleast I can manage round Sainsbugs now! Thanks for your help carbsRok

Hercule_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hills
I have had Addisons for three years so take hydrocortisone daily. I thought steroids were causing the symptoms I'm getting but was diagnosed with type 2 this Monday I actually don't really have a clue what I'm doing I've read so much about it I feel like a cartoon character. Running round blindfolded. Xxx

Reactions: fumanchu

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm Secondary and got told it's autoimune, and more than likely I will get other conditions as well. O joy lol. But the type 2 has been easy for my husband to manage, he is now getting normal non-diabetic blood readings.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I'm Secondary and got told it's autoimune, and more than likely I will get other conditions as well. O joy lol. But the type 2 has been easy for my husband to manage, he is now getting normal non-diabetic blood readings.
It can not be secondary if it's autoimmune. Secondary Addison's is caused by being on high doses of steroid over a long period of time which then causes your adrenal glands to shut down.

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
It can not be secondary if it's autoimmune. Secondary Addison's is caused by being on high doses of steroid over a long period of time which then causes your adrenal glands to shut down.
I'm isolated ACTH deficiency, my gp said it was autoimmune but he also said he doesn't know much about it. I'm now also having problems with blood sugar which I never had before ever. As soon as you get one thing fixed then something else breaks down!