Advice again please ...what's happening now?

ColinBhoy

Dislikes
Eejits, loudmouths
All,
Since my last post about my new 'clean' lifestyle, I seem to be making good progress in gaining control of my Type II. If I can understand what is happening to me at night I think I would then have almost complete control...
My BG always starts high in the morning. I get up, shower, get dressed and check my blood before breakfast. It is always in double figures, getting as high recently as 14.8 I eat a breakfast of maybe one slice of toast with scrambled eggs (and occasionally some smoked salmon) and unsweetened black tea. I manage to bring BG down during the day by controlling what I eat (i.e. nothing after breakfast ...only tea and water), and usually before lunch time it is below 8.0 I have a healthy salad for lunch, usually including avocado and cold meat, with an occasional baked potato. Only water to drink in the afternoons. After work I run or walk (fast) or cycle for up to one hour before going home for dinner. I check my blood when I come out the shower (before dinner) and it is always between 4.2 and 5.0, and I feel great! I have another salad for dinner, occasionally varying it with a high protein cooked meat dish like chili con carne with a couple of spoonfuls of boiled rice. All my meals are home made from scratch (joys of living in Africa!) ...no processed junk here :)
Can someone explain why I am awake every 2 hours every night, drinking about 300 mls or water each time (to quench an insatiable thirst) and rushing to pass what seems to be a never ending stream of urine? It is really beginning to upset my work every day because I can't seem to get a good sleep.
I read non-stop about this condition and try to do all the right things, but I am obviously missing something here ...any thoughts out there?
Thanks in advance,
Colin.

PS I take Metformin 2 x 500 mgs daily, 50 mg Testosterone gel daily, 8mg Perindopril daily and 10 mg Omeprazole daily. Also zinc, milk thistle, Vitamin C and Vitamin B1 supplements.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Colin,

Try having your breakfast first before showering and getting dressed, you might be surprised to find your bg could be much lower! :)

Nigel

ColinBhoy

Dislikes
Eejits, loudmouths
Thanks Nigel ...never something I have (or would have!) considered before, but I will certainly give it a go!
Colin.