Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Mr C has made this recipe twice now

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keketo-garlic-bread

and it is delicious, the problem being that the rolls come out of the oven looking perfect but when he goes to cut them in half lengthways the upper part of the roll is just a hollow shell - like a big bubble under the upper crust.

Has anyone got any idea what the problem might be?

HelenMW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spiders, peas and most of all diabetes!
I was going to have a look at the recipe but the link isn't working, sorry x

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've not tried that one, but it's possible the dough is collapsing during baking, if the inside is harder than it should be, with the air in just the top.
Try a slightly drier mix, and a slightly cooler cooking temperature.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Have a look at this link. It is for wheaten bread. But the same issue, and it is usually too long proving, or too much yeast, or too warm proving.
http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-a...bread-issues/air-holes-or-tunnels-inside.aspx
So I am going to make a wild stabbing guesstimate, and suggest that your keto bread issue is to do with the baking powder... either not properly mixed in, or left too long, or too much.

Maybe try 1.5 tsp, rather than 2 tsp and see what happens?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thank you for your suggestions. The garlic bread is so good that we will carry on with it and make the adjustments you all mention (one at a time) until we get it right.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
HI
I have cooked this loads of times and I got the same results to begin with but I found that you need to cook the bread longer than you think. When it is done it will feel quite crisp and look quite well done and slightly shiny. Tap the bottom of the loaf and it will sound very hollow when it is done. It's trial and error but it's worth it!

Reactions: Chook