advice re dental work

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
i went to emergency dentist on monday as had bad pain all over the weekend (had bad teeth since thyroid diagnosis 4 years ago)
anyway i see a lovey dentist there that allways makes me feel at ease as have huge anxiety when it comes to dentists
i updated my info and put that i was type 2 on metformin
he checked my mouth and another gum infection with 2 teeth needing removal, he asked if i had eaten and i said no as had no appetite at all and didnt have breakfast
he said he could give a glucose tablet but i was worried as didnt want sugar levels rising and then he said he could remove the teeth but could end up as a medical emergency......he then noticed the panic set in and i was close to crying so we had a chat he calmed me down and said that i could have antibiotics and go back next month for a planned removal as long as i eat
what kind of medical emergency was he talking about and would the glucose tablet been bad?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like he doesn't know the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 and feared you were going to have a hypo while he was working on your teeth.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
Sounds like he doesn't know the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 and feared you were going to have a hypo while he was working on your teeth.
thats what i thought, i know glucose is a big no no with type 2

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a tooth removed last Friday my bs went up from the stress. If it helps the large filling that I had at the same time is causing me more soreness than the extraction.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
I had a tooth removed last Friday my bs went up from the stress. If it helps the large filling that I had at the same time is causing me more soreness than the extraction.
i know its going to stress me big time so im going to be in for a fun day :(
i might just tell them to pull the blimmin lot its been infection after infection the last few years andeach time its been removal and the teeth i do have left have spread and become loose :( :( :(

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
i know its going to stress me big time so im going to be in for a fun day :(
i might just tell them to pull the blimmin lot its been infection after infection the last few years andeach time its been removal and the teeth i do have left have spread and become loose :( :( :(
Have you tried using oregano oil to gargle with (not the essential oil - the one mixed with olive oil)? Many have round relief from infections with this.