advice

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi

I have been type 2 diet controlled for a year now without any problems until recently I had 3 months worth of steroids for uncontrolled asthma and went for a routine blood test with new dr as lost confidence in old one and hospital called me with the results of my glucose test of 38. something I have been off steroids for nearly 3 weeks. they ut me on 40mg glucizide and told to take sugars 2 hrs after each meal for a few days with a view of going on metformin depending on the results. well the highest I have been is 17. something and the lowest is 8. something I have been careful what I have eaten im still very thirsty and still go to the loo at night. im trying to find a breakfast that will keep me going longer than the cereal I have been having along with the fruit to see if that makes a difference please can someone help and how long does it take for the tablets to work im exhausted and have a very demanding lively 5 year old

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi teddybear74,its hard bringing up a child with out health problems , so with asthma and diabetes, well done so far, a lot of people with your problem are limiting carbohydrates' and finding their sugar levels are much lower ,for example you could have two boiled eggs and mushrooms for breakfast, rather than cereals and fruit these are often loaded with extra carbs and fruit sugar. try to cut out flour , bread, rice and potatoes ,look at other alternatives.
this will stop you from feeling hungry during the morning. look at other threads on this site with meal idea's ,lots of best wishes to you.

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi 2christine thanks for replying I also have a very demanding job and have to be active all day always rushing about not much time in the morning for a cooked breakfast due to getting son to school that's why I tend to go for cereals I tend to cut out carbs during the day then have them for evening meal not sure why im still so thirsty as my sugars have come down. what sort of level should I aim for as haven't been told yet

Father Jack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello teddybear74 I am attaching a chart of recommended blood glucose levels.

Attachments

• bloodsugar.pdf
    190.3 KB · Views: 2,014

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
prepare your breakfast and lunch the night before, get your little one to help you, make it an adventure if you can.;)

Reactions: 2 people