aged 15 and excited to make new friends

mohamoudely

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello my name is mohamoud I'm from the UAE , I was diagnosed with type1 diabetes 2 years ago since now I still didn't understand how to manage my diabetes, its been hard for me to be able to gain weight , I can't maintain my diabetes , my sugar goes like a rollercoaster and then suddenly it drops down , I have no friends who are diabetic that live near me or do I know , so I was just wondering if any of ya can help me out and give me some tips to mange diabetes

(Thanks for listening) ♥

Reactions: Roxanna5

Roxanna5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi mohamoud my name is roxanna. I'm a type 2 diabetic I don't know a lot about type 1 but there are many helpful and knowledgeable people here on this forum who can help you. I hope you can get an understanding of your condition and hopefully learn to control it better in the future.

Reactions: mohamoudely

mohamoudely

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi mohamoud my name is roxanna. I'm a type 2 diabetic I don't know a lot about type 1 but there are many helpful and knowledgeable people here on this forum who can help you. I hope you can get an understanding of your condition and hopefully learn to control it better in the future.
Thank you

Reactions: Roxanna5

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi Mohamoud
Its a long time since i was 15 however i was 15 once and had type 1 at the time.
A thousand welcomes and you will find all the information you need on here.

Welcome again and good luck

Tony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello my name is mohamoud I'm from the UAE , I was diagnosed with type1 diabetes 2 years ago since now I still didn't understand how to manage my diabetes, its been hard for me to be able to gain weight , I can't maintain my diabetes , my sugar goes like a rollercoaster and then suddenly it drops down , I have no friends who are diabetic that live near me or do I know , so I was just wondering if any of ya can help me out and give me some tips to mange diabetes

(Thanks for listening) ♥

Hello and welcome :)

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hello @mohamoudely how are you currently managing your diabetes? What insulin regime do you use? Do you count carbs?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

(Thanks for listening) ♥

Hi Mohamoud - Welcome to the forum.

I'm a T2, so my personal experience isn't most relevant to you, but hopefully over the course of the day you'll have plenty of helpful responses.

Many people seem to find they are able to grasp control of their blood sugars and insulin doses over time, but it does need a lot of work. Do you record what you eat, and how much insulin you take? That can certainly help identify where some of the highs and lows might be coming from. It's also useful to record when you play sport or exercise as that too can have an impact. I find looking back on notes made at the time much more helpful that trying to remember what I ate several days ago, never mind having to recall what medication I might have taken at the same time

I appreciate it is such a lot to get our heads around at the beginning, but what is the main thing that concerns you?

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
The insulin I use is acterapid and I don't count carbs but I would like you tell more about it ,I've seen people doing it however my doctor did not recommended me to do it

Do you only use Actrapid Mohamoudely?

Tony

mohamoudely

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Mohamoud - Welcome to the forum.

I'm a T2, so my personal experience isn't most relevant to you, but hopefully over the course of the day you'll have plenty of helpful responses.

Many people seem to find they are able to grasp control of their blood sugars and insulin doses over time, but it does need a lot of work. Do you record what you eat, and how much insulin you take? That can certainly help identify where some of the highs and lows might be coming from. It's also useful to record when you play sport or exercise as that too can have an impact. I find looking back on notes made at the time much more helpful that trying to remember what I ate several days ago, never mind having to recall what medication I might have taken at the same time

I appreciate it is such a lot to get our heads around at the beginning, but what is the main thing that concerns you?
To be honest I don't record that food i eat but now I'm working on that and the insulin I take is 20 units the morning and and lunch 10 units which is the humalog pen ,15 units the nights and the insulin I take is called acterapid.
the main thing that concerns me is getting weight and maintaining my diabetes

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
Hey! I'm 14 (if that matters) and I also have Type 1 Diabetes. I was diagnosed last year but I hope I might still be able to help. Ways to help manage your diabetes are as simple as exercising and eating healthy. The rest is just knowing you body enough to know what your glucose will do with different meals, but that comes with time and practice of diabetes. Hope this helps.

mohamoudely

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey! I'm 14 (if that matters) and I also have Type 1 Diabetes. I was diagnosed last year but I hope I might still be able to help. Ways to help manage your diabetes are as simple as exercising and eating healthy. The rest is just knowing you body enough to know what your glucose will do with different meals, but that comes with time and practice of diabetes. Hope this helps.
Yeah I should probably do that and thanks for the advice

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Actually i use to use the humalog mix25 but my doctore tell me to use new o

I use the humalog mix25 but my doctor told me to use new one cos over the times I still couldn't manage my sugar so now use lantus solar

So are you now using a basal bolus regime (ie lantus and actrapid) or are you using mixed insulin?