Air bubble problems ~ Insight pump.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Hi @Gaz-M - thanks for the tip re training chart - that must be in all my pump starter kit blurb - will dig out that natty zippy briefcasey thing it came with and have a look!

When my handset on/off button went for a burton the evening before Christmas Eve I asked my diabetes centre if they had access to an Aviva Expert meter - I turned up CE morning and they gave me one they had in the cupboard! Set it up immediately while I could still access all my settings on the handset. Thankfully Roche sent me a new pump handset which arrived NYE, and the broken one limped on until then - but I still have the Expert as back-up! I'm just so used to using the bolus calculator that I would be SO lost without it!

So sorry to hear about the E57s. What a pain! Sounds a bit like my mother-in-law's stairlift - it fails regularly no matter which bits they replace - the engineers always say 'ooooh, you've been so unlucky - most of these only get their annual service and they're absolutely fine - shame about yours' kind of thing.

When one relies on a piece of kit for health (insulin pump) or independence (the stairlift) it is really disturbing when it doesn't operate correctly!

Hope Roche sort you out. Keep us posted!

Will do Snapsy and thankyou, I've just copied the settings from Diasend so hopefully the bolus adise will be ok

Reactions: Snapsy

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
IMG_1475953374.621247.jpg

Colour co-ordinated pump accessory!! Just a cut off childs sock!!

What does e57 error account for? Just that I can't remember... Only error I stupidly get is on the expert meter when I put on blood to quick!! Can go few weeks without being stupid then do it all the time for a few days..ggggrrrr..

Reactions: Snapsy and Gaz-M

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
View attachment 20629

Colour co-ordinated pump accessory!! Just a cut off childs sock!!

What does e57 error account for? Just that I can't remember... Only error I stupidly get is on the expert meter when I put on blood to quick!! Can go few weeks without being stupid then do it all the time for a few days..ggggrrrr..
I keep meaning to do that with the kids socks (must try remember harder) tjhe E%& code is an electrical problem with the handset