Am I in denial.

Defren

Well done Roy, it's all quite a journey isn't it. You must have been diagnosed about a month or so after me. So much of your above post resonates with me. It's quite nice to look back and remember what we were like. My introduction post is still here, and I remember so clearly sat just where I am now in tears, so afraid of what the future was going to hold. Never in my wildest dreams could I have ever guessed. It's been an emotive 71/2 months for me, but I now look to the future in a much more buoyant state of mind than ever. I have done things I could have only dreamed of, lost six stone in weight, the Newcastle diet, and met some truly lovely people as well as some amusing and not so amusing characters along the way. :lol:

If I drank I would raise a glass to you Roy, and to all of us diagnosed 6 months or more, who went through that dreadful dark tunnel but are now back into the light, but so much healthier and happy. Chin-chin.

Joanna

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
What a brilliant post Roy. Know exactly what you mean. I gave up recording in my log after 6 months but do still test but nothing like the frequency I did. I found testing served two purposes the first was to simply educate and say what was and was not a good thing to eat but secondly it doesn't let me cheat as it doesn't lie. I know the odd day of cheating does no harm and I do that like the majority of us but it would be the little incremental cheats that would be my downfall so at the moment I'm still pointlessly jabbing my fingers as some would have it :lol:

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
xyzzy said:
What a brilliant post Roy. Know exactly what you mean. I gave up recording in my log after 6 months but do still test but nothing like the frequency I did. I found testing served two purposes the first was to simply educate and say what was and was not a good thing to eat but secondly it doesn't let me cheat as it doesn't lie. I know the odd day of cheating does no harm and I do that like the majority of us but it would be the little incremental cheats that would be my downfall so at the moment I'm still pointlessly jabbing my fingers as some would have it :lol:

Yes Xyzzy, I have found education is very important to enable you to determinate the bull from fact, I have read numerous books now, the one I am reading at present is called Ignore the awkward by Uffe Ravunskov about Cholesterol. I think the link was put on here by Librarising, constant reading for me. I think we all need to let off steam Occasionally as long as we get back on track the next day and keep it to now and again, I would not imagine they do any harm, Days out with the family seem to be my stumbling block, when getting what you want can be difficult and they have chips I cannot help myself I have to have the odd few, I know carbs are bad but some sure do taste good. Today is my 52 Birthday and my good lady is taking me for a meal. I promised myself if I achieved the target weight and had good control of my BG then I was going to eat what I wanted, Fish and Chips with mushy peas was my choice back then. I have reached all my targets so when she asked where I would like to go, I said Nando's "Doh", because they have a nice low carb choice and guess what I already have my meal picked and the carb's counted at only 28g Peri peri chicken breast with mediterranean salad. I failed there didn't I, :roll: Once a low carb advocate always an advicate :D