Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Plurry hell, I think I could manage to get through that big bügger. :D
PAGE 12!!!

I wonder what it tastes like. Florida I think has some bigger ones and different breed but they didn't taste like our Avos.

D

Deleted member 308541

PAGE 12!!!

I wonder what it tastes like. Florida I think has some bigger ones and different breed but they didn't taste like our Avos.
Hmm 12 pages about avos. :D

I reckon those big ones would sell for around $10.00 each here if that variety was to be grow and sold here.

D

Deleted member 308541

Perhaps we shouldn't go on to page 13. It might be unlucky, causing an avocado blight and avocado shortages! :wideyed:
Just have to trust to luck on 13.

I have 13 as permanent number in one of the raffles at the bowls club, won a fair bit of money over the years with it as well. :D

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just have to trust to luck on 13.

I have 13 as permanent number in one of the raffles at the bowls club, won a fair bit of money over the years with it as well. :D
OK, well to celebrate going on to page 13, let's join in singing 'Peel the Avocado!' :singing:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Kristin As you are in the USA you might be interested in the Avocaderia, the World's first avocado bar in Brooklyn, New York.
https://www.avocaderia.com

avocaderia.jpg

New York Times
With Arrival of Avocado Bar, Brooklyn Has It All

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/03/...deria-brooklyn.html?smid=fb-nystyle&smtyp=cur

www.delish.com/food-news/a52383/avocaderia-avocado-bar-brooklyn/

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

Since I have been eating avo's I have noticed that some have round seeds, and others have elongated seeds.

Must be the different varieties I suppose, Hass and the others. They taste pretty much the same tho'.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup. If the fruit isn't oblong or egg shaped it has a long seed. These are usually not MX. If the avo is round the seed is round. Some are huge and some are smaller. Of course I like smaller with more meat!

The oblong can taste a bit creamier and more flavor but they're harder to get good ones. I.e. Peru chili.

Generally the seed is the shape of the avo. I go for more round

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've only had one elongated seed, in a South African avocado.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure about these from chili. They have soft spots and hard spots. Busting one open soon but the others that a ripening weird aren't ready.

I see Costco has peru back. They look so good! I'll see what Aldi has today and might go for the Peru if Aldi doesn't look good. They're usually more pear shaped and these are round.

D

Deleted member 308541

It shopping day today, so will be stocking up with what they have to offer.

Might go across the street and have a look what Aldi have to offer.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK, well to celebrate going on to page 13, let's join in singing 'Peel the Avocado!' :singing:

I apreciate the Avacado too..! I can get the things "marked down" locally. (due to sell by date.) whip em home & my wife conjures up magic..
Though I prefer my music a little more "aggressive".. Dreadful sounding kit, but nice blast beats...