Amazing & Awesome Avocados.

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 308541

They tend to get left on the shelf because the average shopper (in my area.) has no idea what to do with them...? ;)
I have seen something similar on the tv, there was segment on exporting avo's to China and they were giving out samples to the locals.

One poor ****** was trying to peel it like a orange and gave up in disgust, most of the people that did try it sort of liked it but it was not to their taste.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
the forum seems to be heading south................................ ( to mexico -- spiritual home of the avocado ) Ole !!!!:D

D

Deleted member 308541

the forum seems to be heading south................................ ( to mexico -- spiritual home of the avocado ) Ole !!!!:D
Also to Peru, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. multi cultural avocados.

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

There were no 1 kg bags of Awkward Avo's at Woolies, only single ones at $2.00 each the sign said they were a mix of Australian and New Zealand avo's.

They have a tags on them so will be able to taste test the difference, if any

Well we're on to page 13 now! :)
Yayyyyyyyy!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There were no 1 kg bags of Awkward Avo's at Woolies, only single ones at $2.00 each the sign said they were a mix of Australian and New Zealand avo's.

They have a tags on them so will be able to taste test the difference, if any

Yayyyyyyyy!
Yay page 13!!
Not sure I mentioned this but my daughter , for her wedding wanted to borrow som thing that meany to me. After jokes and jokes about smearing guac in her shoes etc she ended up dropping one of my pits in her bouquet!! Chose that over my mom she pearls she wore in her wedding. Um... daughters an avo junky too.

Aldi up to $1.59. Still worth it. Chili aren't ripening well. Soft spots and hard. Costco had round peru now. Getting confusing lol

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hotpepper20000

In my previous house I had a greenhouse cum conservatory attached and we grew all kinds of things in there and my husband used to have fun with avocados - they grew into quite tall plants fairly fast at which point they outlived their welcome...:(

Robbity
Did you get any fruit?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you get any fruit?
No - but that wasn't his aim - it was really just to see them sprout and grow, and they never ever actually got to be more than rather scraggly leggy little things before being abandoned...

Robbity

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I heard avo prices wills my rocket with all the hurricanes and natural disasters. Chili finally ripened and are great. New peru are round not pear shaped. No idea what to do now!!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not yet.

Tried a Kiwi avo last night, I cannot taste any difference to the Australian ones. The pip is a bit bigger tho' so not getting as much flesh.
Boo hiss. Aldi was out of avo and 3 stores to find green onion. I think these hurricanes / earthquakes/ fires will kill us. I take the no MX avo as a sign to get chili or Peru. China are good. Peru season is ending.

What she kiwi avo! The smaLl egg ones?

D

Deleted member 308541

What she kiwi avo! The smaLl egg ones?
The kiwi on (New Zealand) is on the top in the pix and is not as elongated as the Australian one at the bottom.

dKZpyeW.jpg

D

Deleted member 308541

Which do you prefer. Round or pear shaped. I'm perplexed when I go get some tomorrow
I think the Australian ones are that shape because they do not get that much irrigation, the NZ ones would have had more watering so they are more rounded.

I think that's why they are that shape, even tho' both are Hass variety.

Edit: Page 14 of Awesome Avo's.

Last edited by a moderator: