Amazing & Awesome Avocados.

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 308541

So how’d it go? Refund or exchange? You sound better and then I feel better.
I got a refund from the store.

Got some at $3.50 each, they look OK but if they are **** I am going to take a pix of them so I do not have to explains in detail.

Still feeling great at the moment.

Reactions: Prem51

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a refund from the store.

Got some at $3.50 each, they look OK but if they are **** I am going to take a pix of them so I do not have to explains in detail.

Still feeling great at the moment.
Excellent news!!

And awesome idea ! Take a pic rather than bring the rotted thing back. Especially at those astronomical prices. Yikes!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So how’d the astronomical priced avos turn out?

Hope your still feeling good:)

D

Deleted member 308541

So how’d the astronomical priced avos turn out?

Hope your still feeling good:)
The the two we ate yesterday were very nice. They were Kiwi ones again, but 100% better than the last lot which we got.

Still good till the next time the old body throws a fit.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The the two we ate yesterday were very nice. They were Kiwi ones again, but 100% better than the last lot which we got.

Fight back !! For goodness sakes . Thoses Avos are still too expensive but I’d still pay it. Hahha.

Great to hear yo are well.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

How do the kiwi compare in taste and texture to the large ones?
I think I’ve seen them in our shop but they’re so small!!!

D

Deleted member 308541

How do the kiwi compare in taste and texture to the large ones?
I think I’ve seen them in our shop but they’re so small!!!
They have a bigger pip than the local Hass ones, taste ok to me as well.

I think they have a M for medium on the sticker.

Just noticed we have got to 20 pages with this thread. :D

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yay,, avo deserves it!!

I think I might take a look but they seem so small I’d eat 3 a day!
I’ll check prices as well. They’d be nice for a traveling lunch

D

Deleted member 308541

Got some nice avo's yesterday they have gone down in price to $3.00 each, so stocked up a bit. Not bad size either.

D

Deleted member 308541

Looks like a world record for the largest avocado at 2.3 kg ever found in Hawaii.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42250550

DQTF51DUIAEjLGR.jpg

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It looked enormous whenit was on the news on tv last night. :D
It looks enormous in the pic.
Leaving for holiday mon. Freaking out about not having enough ripe avo. .68 now. Stocked up. My family will eat them and I won’t have any. Taking them with me and hiding them lol. I’ll share when the time is right. This will not be a help yourself senario. They eat ALL my food and think nothing of it. Pigs. Lol. I gotta protect my gold

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Meanwhile, here in Blightly (and at the other end of the scale) these have just appeared http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ess-avocados-says-could-prevent-avocado-hand/
Aargh! Avocado hand! Something else to worry about. Not that I've ever suffered from the affliction, and at £2 for two I rather doubt I'll be trying these. Or maybe just once to see what the fuss is about.
Saw them mentioned in the Guardian too - suerly theyre just immature avocados at a vintage avocado price?

D

Deleted member 308541

Aargh! Avocado hand
It's eye hand coordination that is needed to whack a knife into a avo pip without cutting yourself.

Much safer to put the avo on the bench then whack the pip.

Pipless avo's sound great all that extra flesh to eat. :D

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There again, why not just use a spoon to scoop the pip out? Seems much easier to me.

I must admit, the option of smaller, 2-3 inch sized avos could be very convenient for adding to meals without cutting into a whole, normal-sized one. They could be the answer to avoiding the oxidation that happens so quickly once they're split. But - at premium prices they're not likely to sell too many to the ordinary joe public!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There again, why not just use a spoon to scoop the pip out? Seems much easier to me.

I must admit, the option of smaller, 2-3 inch sized avos could be very convenient for adding to meals without cutting into a whole, normal-sized one. They could be the answer to avoiding the oxidation that happens so quickly once they're split. But - at premium prices they're not likely to sell too many to the ordinary joe public!
Hi salvia!!
I use a spoon and if need be ( if they’re still firm) I take the tip of a knife and push it out. I tried the whack thing once. Not doing that again!!

I had a bit too much bourbon last night and busted a new one open rather than finish the old. Yuk. I hate seeing the brown and seem seven if you scrape if off the rest goes off faster. Or it just could have been the particular one.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi salvia!!
I use a spoon and if need be ( if they’re still firm) I take the tip of a knife and push it out. I tried the whack thing once. Not doing that again!!

I had a bit too much bourbon last night and busted a new one open rather than finish the old. Yuk. I hate seeing the brown and seem seven if you scrape if off the rest goes off faster. Or it just could have been the particular one.

Hi Kristin, seems ages since I posted here, hope you're doing ok. Sadly, I haven't had many avos recently, (quality a bit off) so have been covering the gap with extra mayo, olives and EVOO; good enough, but not quite the same.

I can't quite visualise the 'whack the pip' - never tried it; knowing me, I'd likely get the avo splattered all over the counter!

Too much bourbon!! :wideyed: Hope you enjoyed it :D:D (I agree about the brown, it surely does seem that once that starts it goes off faster)