Animas vibe

iHs

Jess.......too late now, but when working out what might be causing the high bg, try to keep to an area on the body that you are ok with and then see if the problem is site based or whether the rise in bg is set based. Sometimes it can be a combination of 3 things.........site, set and basal no longer correct but try to rule each thing out one by one.

Unfortunately, the Vibe cartridge is nothing like the Combo for ease of use in pushing the plunger up and down but you should try to spread the lubricant around the black o ring seals so that the piston doesnt struggle.

Make sure that you are inserting the Inset II correctly........look at this website http://www.infusion-set.com/products/inset.aspx
and click on visual guide. Use the guide for the Inset 30 too.

iHs

Ok So I put air in the insulin, turn bottle upside down, pull plunger down to draw insulin (slowly) checking for air bubbles, if I get any I flick the cartridge & push the plunger up to get them out

The pump rep I saw instructed the other way like insert blue plunger mechansim and then attach needle, pull back plunger half way and inject air upwards into the vial, allow bubbles to float to the top and then pull back plunger slowly which will get a bubble and then push plunger up quickly to push bubble back into the vial. Pull back slowly and no bubbleshould appear. Presuming insulin is at summer weather temp, attach tube and push the plunger up a bit so that insulin travels up the neck and into tube. Load cartridge in pump, prime tube using the piston or save battery power and manual prime instead before inserting cartridge in pump. Whichever is easier.

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the information. Yes am going to stuck around sides/back for sites. Numbers have come down now & having low carb for tea, fish/salad

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad things are getting better - I have noticed that as a new pumper i have sites that 'work better' then other.

for example - if i use a site on my love handle on my back, my insulin takes much longer to absorb and i typically need more, then on my butt, or stomach. Just a heads up, its not all the same.

Topher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep I'm the same, around the back is hopeless for me, try and keep the sites around the belly as this works best for me, I'm new to the vibe as well and had the same problems as you, has taken me 2 months to narrow everything down, and getting there now, but the site was a big one for me

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sometimes I use belly, do find the sides pretty good. Also use my arms & sometimes work well