annoyed and confused by BGs

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Right...so i am quite pleased that i am seeing an improvement in my BGs but i want to see if someone has any ideas, so please bear with me.....

Wednesday

FBG - 11.2
had breakfast (17g carb) +2hrs - 6.4 (well i thought that was a bit too much of a fall)
before lunch - 7.9 (erm excuse me!!!! it has been 5hrs since breakfast and between bfast and lunch all i had was two decaff coffees with unsweetened soya milk - so why the increase?????)
soup for lunch - +2hrs - 6.8
before evening meal - 7.7 (its ok cause about 5.00pm i usually have a rice cracker as dinner is not usually till about 8pm)
roast chicken + three new potatoes + green beans + 2hrs - 5.6 (!!!! o...k....not complaining but bit odd)
before sleep (after about an hour) - 5.7 (great - never slept that low)

This morning

woke at 6.15 - went to bathroom and then was like..hmmm lets test.... 7.8 (brilliant)
got back in bed - slept and then got up at 7.30 - tested - 9.1 (grrrrrrrr i was just sleeping!!!)
breakfast (17g) - +2hrs 6.8
before lunch - 7.9 (again!!!!! - not happy....)
just finished lunch now!!

i do not understand why it is going high before lunch when i would not have had any carbs...is my liver dumping sugar!!! this is going to be a fight between me and my liver...and what can i do to stop it doing so..cause it surely feels like i aint going to be the one winning against it..... *big sigh*

tree-peony

I know you're low-carbing, but there might be a clue in what you actually eat for breakfast? I had full fat greek yoghurt and blueberries this morning for a change and mine went up 3 points!

Defren

Hi Clay, I have just had a look at your breakfast, and at 17g of carbs that could be your problem. When I am eating solid food that would be more than I would have all day. Could you try cutting down to one crispbread and see if that makes a difference? I think if you were to swap your mayo light to full fat mayo that would also help. The fat slows the absorption of carbs. Try it and see, it can't do any harm.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
the one i am most annoyed by is the increase between my 2hr post breakfast and before lunch reading. i do not see why it should increase....

Defren

claymic said:
the one i am most annoyed by is the increase between my 2hr post breakfast and before lunch reading. i do not see why it should increase....

If you try the full fat mayo, it might slow the absorption of the carbs in your crispbread, so not spike you so much.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
tree-peony said:
I know you're low-carbing, but there might be a clue in what you actually eat for breakfast? I had full fat greek yoghurt and blueberries this morning for a change and mine went up 3 points!

How much did you have tree-pony? I do 50g of Greek Yoghurt + 25g of "berries" so a very small amount. The point for me is to spike me a bit (not 3 points!) as it seems to be a neat way of driving down any DP effect quickly as the sugar in the fruit starts everything up and running.

To give you an idea I eat six blueberries or four raspberries or two medium strawberries and around four heaped teaspoons of Greek yoghurt.

tree-peony

probably twice as much fruit as that tbh, but I also had a strong latte while out this morning, so that may have contributed. Lunch was bacon (1) egg (1) and a big mushroom, followed by 30 mins on the xtrainer. Now back down to 13.9 from 18.8 pre-lunch :) High for most of you I know, but not bad for me at the moment!