Another media slam...

jekyll79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am tempted by the Dexcom 5, but what put me off was the cost of having to replace sensors every 7 days. If, as you say, they last for a month, I might make the jump. I have no issue with calibrating twice a day, but I would likely make my treatment decisions based on the results of the CGM. Whether it is slightly out or not makes no odds if it can give a good approximation of trends. The suggestion that treatment decisions are not made from the Dexcom results seems a little ridiculous. If it cannot give you reasonable results when you calibrate twice a day, then it wouldn't be worth it. I sense this is a legal thing where they are just trying to cover themselves.

Did you go straight to Dexcom or via a distributor?

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: 2 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks like this thread is going down a Branch Line now. Is it because we had a blockage earlier? or is it due to Diverticulitis? Either way i am not bothered by it, just pointing out that the OP question is no longer being discussed, and this new topic may deserve its own thread

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Slightly off track, probably just due to a couple of malfunctions, but should get back on the right track :)

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @catapillar, I'll check that out.

@Oldvatr noted. But I guess there is only so far a conversation can go before tangents are followed. I'll shut up now :)
If someone wants to start a new thread wrt pumps and CGM in the Pump menu, then post an advert to it here then this frees both discussions. If the OP thread here has reached a true impasse, then it will stall naturally. But the pump discussion can attract more responders since it will have moved to the correct subthread and show up in the correct category. otherwise the topic will be missed since it is at present buried some 100 posts down in to an unrelated topic.