Another newbie

bufferz

Hi, I'm Phil,33, been T2 for about 6 years now, on enough tablets to rattle,lol! 4x metformin a day, 2x gliclazide, actos(pioglitanzine), irbesartin(blood pressure, was on ramipril, but gave me chest palpatations! :shock: ) and finally simvastatin. Last hb1ac was a nice 6.1%, just my b.p. was a tiuch high, but being a good few stone overweight doesnt help that, so im currently trying to get some off...

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Phil and welcome to the forum.

Please have a good read round the forum and ask us questions especially if you want help with weight loss etc.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Welcome to the forum Bufferz :D

There are so many interesting threads to explore which will probably help you with ideas to get your weight down and improve your bg levels.

I am quite new and have been cutting down on my carbs with some success so no rice pasta, bread or potatoes for me at the moment. :roll:

Anything you need to know you just need to ask and someone will come along with an answer. :D

bufferz

Synonym said:
I am quite new and have been cutting down on my carbs with some success so no rice pasta, bread or potatoes for me at the moment. :roll:

Been reading about all that low carb stuff - problem is, i loves me spuds, and pasta!! :|

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
bufferz said:
Synonym said:

Been reading about all that low carb stuff - problem is, i loves me spuds, and pasta!! :|

If you really can't live without them then try cutting the portions size right down at first. Once you get used to that then you can try without them.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
I really don't miss them at all much to my surprise! In any case you can console yourself that it may not be for ever and it is worth making a short term sacrifice for long term gain. :D

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and a warm welcome to the forum :D