totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya all,
after lots of me moaning it looks like im going to be doing basal bolus instead of just lantus,in 2 weeks im seeing dietician to be taught carb counting and should be able to start basal bolus soon after,has anyone any advice for me as im a tad scared of the change
any tips will be great
thankyou in hopeful advance :D

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
Best peice of advise is to test test test!! especially when you're starting a bolus regimen... it's so important to test...

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi totsy,

I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest. The advantages easily outweigh the disadvantages and, privided you test regularly, your control should be much better than on Lantus alone. The freedom to vary what and when to eat, and the ability to correct a slightly wayward blood sugar in only a few minutes is the next best thing to a proper pancreas!

All the best,

fergus

Katharine

Look on it as a jag of freedom.

Freedom to eat what you want. The lower the carb, the less insulin, the more predictable the result of course.

Freedom from complications. You get much better blood sugar control when you use insulin to cover meals.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
great,
im so excited as im sick of constantly throwing hypos,i will be asking lots once im on it,thankyou :D

chocoholic

I think I'll be asking similar questions too totsy, as I do the changeover to basal/bolus. I'm really nervy that I'll mess up and lose the control I have.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya chocoholic,
when u starting??
be good to do it together :D

totsy

Type of diabetes