Yorkshire & The Humber Any groups in Leicestershire?

kitsunerin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone!

I am looking for fellow type 1 (or other) diabetics in the Leicestershire area, or if anyone knows of any support groups? I don't know anyone else in the area who has diabetes and it makes it very hard. I feel incredibly isolated at the moment and would love to just rant with someone over coffee, haha!

I'm thinking of maybe starting a group if there isn't already one, if my anxiety allows me to! I'm in Wigston, on the outskirts of Leicester by the way!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey everyone!

I am looking for fellow type 1 (or other) diabetics in the Leicestershire area, or if anyone knows of any support groups? I don't know anyone else in the area who has diabetes and it makes it very hard. I feel incredibly isolated at the moment and would love to just rant with someone over coffee, haha!

I'm thinking of maybe starting a group if there isn't already one, if my anxiety allows me to! I'm in Wigston, on the outskirts of Leicester by the way!

Hello there. I live in Leicestershire, but not so close to you.

I don't know of any folks from this site who get together, in Leicestershire, but there are a few Diabetes UK (the charity, not this site) groups in the county. A attend one of these, and we have a good mix of T1s and T2s, and the meetings are well attended. The list of Midlands DUK groups is here:

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/In_Your_Area/Midlands/Voluntary_groups/Listing-of-local-groups/

My guess is you will be closer the Harborough group that any of the others. Unfortunately, there are no contact details for that group on the site, but there the DUK London office is listed there. I'm fairly sure they would have a name of the person organising things in Harborough.

Alternatively, your hospital may have some support groups running? I'm guessing you are looked after at either the Royal or General hospitals. They might give you a steer on where you might find some folks.

Good luck with that.

kitsunerin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks! I'll ask at the hospital :) I did look into the Harbourough one, but as I don't drive I think it would be hard to get to unfortunately :(

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks! I'll ask at the hospital :) I did look into the Harbourough one, but as I don't drive I think it would be hard to get to unfortunately :(
I know this is late, but I live in Leicester. I live down towards Birstall but work in Oadby. I’m a type 2 though! I’m sure there are more Leicesterians with diabetes out there!