Any Gym/bodybuilders ??

adz1993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm fairly new to type 1 diabetes and I regularly go to the gym, does anybody know what sort of foods I can eat to bulk me up without having to keep injecting ?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Protein does not usually have an influence on BGL, but other forum members will tell you that it can - and does - in some cases.

Personally, protein has no effect on my BGL and neither do the whey protein shakes I use which are zero carb.

Grant

Reactions: 2 people

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Protein does not usually have an influence on BGL, but other forum members will tell you that it can - and does - in some cases.

Personally, protein has no effect on my BGL and neither do the whey protein shakes I use which are zero carb.

Grant
Hi @GrantGam1337. Have to agree with what you have said, but have found from my own experiences that unused protein in your system can affect BS.
Gluconeogenesis is when unused protein turns into glucose in the blood. Ultimately this can lead to higher than expected BS readings.
It may be worth considering when taking on more protein you need to use it.

Reactions: 2 people

adz1993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers I'll look more into it, iv got my self some zero carb protein shake, I'll snack on the protein during the day and keep testing my blood sugars cheers