Any Known Issues with Pharmacy2U?

babbish1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I wondered if any of this community could help. Its a lengthy tale by forum standards but please read to the end.

I signed up for prescription by post using the company recommended by Diabetes UK but unfortunately, one item was missing from the first prescription request. I contacted the help desk and was told that the missing item was omitted from the prescription by the surgery.

I contacted the surgery and was told that the item in question could not be entered into the electronic system to create a prescription. They seemed unclear as to why this was but they later told me that the “branding” was too long to allow it to be entered and that they had prepared a paper prescription for me to collect.

I felt that this was something that Pharmacy2u would have experienced in the past and would have some means of resolution. The only solution offered was that the surgery should post the paper prescription to Pharmacy2U who would then process it as normal.

From this you can see that there are a number of open issues.

• · If a paper prescription is prepared for my collection, I need to be informed.
  • · If paper prescriptions are to be posted via Royal Mail, the surgery needs to be informed and the process needs to be clearly understood by anyone in the surgery who may be preparing prescriptions. The process must include address details and any reference data necessary for Pharmacy2U to be able to allocate the prescription to the correct patient.
  • · If the electronic system allows the item to be specified in the request for prescription, it would be reasonable to assume that it would accept the name for entry into a prescription. If this is not the case it sounds like an error in coding which should be corrected. How is this reported to the authorities?

Item in question is described on prescription as NOVORAPID FLEXPEN INJECTION 100 iu/ml [NOVO NORDISK PHARMACEUTICAL LTD]

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
. . . . the electronic system to create a prescription.

Whose system? Is it your surgery's system and I'm assuming you've had this prescription before, so what is different now.

Or does your GP have to fill in a prescription on a system that is run by the pharmacy.

If I think of my surgery who send electronically prescriptions to many pharmacies, it would seem logical that it's the GP's system at fault and as they know there's a problem already, then they should sort it out.

If the electronic system allows the item to be specified in the request for prescription, it would be reasonable to assume that it would accept the name for entry into a prescription. If this is not the case it sounds like an error in coding which should be corrected.

It depends, do you specify your request in a free format box like this message box.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear @babbish1 - thank you for your feedback. We contacted Pharmacy2U and sent them your comments. They sent us a response to pass on but would also like to resolve the issue, if you would be kind enough to get in touch with them/us.

Thanks for sharing your experience of using the Pharmacy2U service - I am sorry to hear that you experienced a problem this time.

It would be helpful for us to look at your account to work out the exact circumstances here - however, I can give some general information based on the details you have provided so far.

Firstly, if we request a prescription for a certain number of items from your doctor, but your doctor does not prescribe one or more of them without reason, we would check this with the surgery and communicate with you as necessary. It would be helpful to look at your specific account to see what happened in your case - I am sure there will be more detail in our records.

Secondly, the medicine in question - Novorapid Flexpen - can be prescribed electronically. There was no need for the surgery to print this on paper separately; there is no systemic problem here. We would be happy to contact the surgery to help them in making full use of the systems available to them.

If you are able to contact us with your details, we will welcome the opportunity to look into this further so that we can resolve this for both you and any of our other valued customers.

Kind regards
Pharmacy2U
I sent you a PM a few days ago asking you for your details, so if you could respond, that would be great and Pharmacy2U can resolve the issue. Thanks!

Reactions: wiseowl_123

sarandthere

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I started using Pharmacy2u for what I thought would be a more convenient way of ordering my prescriptions. I have had nothing but trouble with them seeming to be unable to deliver dosette boxes on time. I take lots of different tablets several times a day and I have twice been left without any medication at all despite emailing and phoning Pharmacy2u to chase it up. If there is a problem getting the prescription from your GP they don't inform you so that you can chase with your GP. Then when your dosette box eventually arrives there are items missing and you are left up the creek.

Every time I speak to their customer service they offer apologies and promises that it wont happen again but it always does. I am closing my account with Pharmacy2u and I would not recommend it to anyone with serious long-term health conditions who needs a reliable service

Misslondon

Hi :)
I use their service for my prescriptions & meds.
p2-smile

Didn't have any problem for the last years using it (about one order every 3 months).
Cheers ;)

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi :)
I use their service for my prescriptions & meds.
p2-smile

Didn't have any problem for the last years using it (about one order every 3 months).
Cheers ;)

Miss London, roughly where are you based? It seems some ares are better than others for some of these services

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I started using Pharmacy2u for what I thought would be a more convenient way of ordering my prescriptions. I have had nothing but trouble with them seeming to be unable to deliver dosette boxes on time. I take lots of different tablets several times a day and I have twice been left without any medication at all despite emailing and phoning Pharmacy2u to chase it up. If there is a problem getting the prescription from your GP they don't inform you so that you can chase with your GP. Then when your dosette box eventually arrives there are items missing and you are left up the creek.

Every time I speak to their customer service they offer apologies and promises that it wont happen again but it always does. I am closing my account with Pharmacy2u and I would not recommend it to anyone with serious long-term health conditions who needs a reliable service
Our local pharmacy can deliver to you if you are medically unable to collect scrips or are just plain unwell. Must be lucky here!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I e-mail the surgery to request my repeat prescription the pharmacy picks it up and makes it up for me, I prefer to collect it from the pharmacy because I am out a lot but they would deliver if I needed it Also the pharmacist checks with me every year that I am still taking the same meds and I am generally ok and have any problems I recognise that I am very fortunate to have a local pharmacy but would recommend anyone to use their pharmacy if possible
Carol

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the same way that Amazon is putting high street shops out of business, these on-line pharmacies are in danger of making local ones unprofitable by taking away the lucrative prescription business which supports the rest of their services including advice and over the counter remedies.

Tannith

BANNED
I used them in the past but refuse to use them ever again. On three occasions now I have not received my prescription and have had to go back to the doctor for emergency prescription, once two emergency prescriptions for the same prescription order. On all the occasions I kept chasing and received bland meaningless apologies but no action and no information as to what has gone wrong and when they proposed to send the prescription. I think it is outrageous to leve an old lady with no prescription no explanation, and no indication of if or when they plan to send urgently needed medicines.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've used them for a few months as my doctors are awkward to get to and had no issues.

Doesn't stop my Dr being awkward though.