Anyone Else having trouble with the new Accu- Chek Mobile?

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy my cassettes from Ebay. I haven't been conned as yet and I've bought a lot! I've just ordered 3 cassettes of 50 strips each (150) for £25. My last order was 4 cassettes, which I got for £22. I don't bid, I use the Buy It Now option and am very careful to read the description and check the expiry date. Still expensive but as I like the meter and find the cassettes so easy I put up with it. No doubt Roche provides the meters free to the Practice.

I think I made a big mistake by telling the nurse I was self funding when I asked for a prescription.
i also told the nurse I supplemented with another meter, self funded. Anyway, so far, it hasn't been blocked. I saw the doctor week before last and told her too. She never said she would stop the prescription. I can get 250 strips for £25 for the Codefree by using promotional code on manufacturer's site. Your supplier sounds good too. Might check it out. Dr V.G. Is with the castle group and it says she has an interest in diabetes. Dr F also has an interest. Don't know if that makes a difference and I don't know what their views are on LCHF either.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Jokeying

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had same meter and was experiencing exact same problem hence I now have a Contour Next USB meter and it's very accurate. Some of my readings with Accu Chek Mobile were saying I was experiencing hypo's when I fact I was between 7-8 m/mols and given me even higher readings when I was Hypo, my advice is steer clear of that meter as they are obviously having some teething troubles with it as there is more than me and you complaining of this meter in this forum.

Sallycook

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who talk down to me, cruelty of any kind.
28-03-2014

Since I moved over to the new mobile tester I have been getting very strange differences in readings. I’m not talking a little out I’m talking about 10mol out! I know this as I tested on another 3 testers I have.

Also I keep getting E4 errors and E3 errors on these testers!

I've contacted Accu Chek which they finally got back to me after a month, after me having to go to a phone box and ring them and ask to speak to a manager.

After I spoke to them I was given another 3 Mobile testers after the other two I had was giving inaccurate readings and E3 And E4 errors.

3 days later after receiving on the new testers I’am getting E3 and E4 errors again.

I do not trust these testers at all now! I’m waiting for Accu Chek to get back to me again on this. Hope it’s not a month this time.

Is anyone else getting errors on these testers? My fingers are getting sore with having to keep re testing due to all these errors! Also saying little blood on the machine too, when in fact there is plenty of blood on my finger.

Id change over to a different tester but I need something that can handle the outdoors a lot and having strips to carry is not the way forward for me!

Please comment and let me know as I would like to see how many of these testers are giving errors so I can get back to Accu Check for them to remove them from the shops and internet!

I’ve been a diabetic a long while and these testers are the worse I’ve ever had.

Another thing I’ve noticed too today is the readings are not aligning to my A4 dairy’s reading, by date and time.

Thanks
28-03-2014

Since I moved over to the new mobile tester I have been getting very strange differences in readings. I’m not talking a little out I’m talking about 10mol out! I know this as I tested on another 3 testers I have.

I've contacted Accu Chek which they finally got back to me after a month, after me having to go to a phone box and ring them and ask to speak to a manager.

After I spoke to them I was given another 3 Mobile testers after the other two I had was giving inaccurate readings and E3 And E4 errors.

3 days later after receiving on the new testers I’am getting E3 and E4 errors again.

I do not trust these testers at all now! I’m waiting for Accu Chek to get back to me again on this. Hope it’s not a month this time.

Is anyone else getting errors on these testers? My fingers are getting sore with having to keep re testing due to all these errors! Also saying little blood on the machine too, when in fact there is plenty of blood on my finger.

Id change over to a different tester but I need something that can handle the outdoors a lot and having strips to carry is not the way forward for me!

Please comment and let me know as I would like to see how many of these testers are giving errors so I can get back to Accu Check for them to remove them from the shops and internet!

I’ve been a diabetic a long while and these testers are the worse I’ve ever had.

Another thing I’ve noticed too today is the readings are not aligning to my A4 dairy’s reading, by date and time.

Thanks

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The meters are working perfectly fine for me. Maybe you hit a bad batch of test cartridges or meters. I had a problem with one old meter and they replaced it right away. But it had been sat in the box unused for 2-3 years.

Marggie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
28-03-2014

Thanks

HI
Only had mine a couple of days and when I used it last night I had a reading of 16. Mine has never been anywhere near this figure before.. I tried doing a test on it twice but each time error E3 came up.. I am a newly diagnosed Diabectic so I am not sure what to do?

Jude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I wrote about this in January and no one else had had any problems - I just received messages telling me how to use my meter which was bit of an insult as I have been using these meters for years. I contacted Roche in January and they told me they had been having problems with the cassettes and were investigating. I was getting 30% failed tests which adds up to a lot. The strips I get from ebay always seem to be ok it is the ones I get from my surgery that have been my problem. Roche asked me to return faulty cassettes and they sent me a couple of 50's which hardly made up for what I had lost but I have still been having problems but not to the same degree. Sometimes it can take me 5 tests before I get a result and my fingers are very sore.
We must contact Roche if we have problems - these strips are very expensive and Roche are making a lot of money on them. My local chemist cannot buy them as cheap as I get them from ebay!!

Reactions: Marggie

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the Accu-Chek mobile meter and have had no problems with it. I barely get any failed tests, maybe 2-3 per 50 strips. And I always find my meter is accurate. It's strange that a lot of people have these problems and I haven't run into any of them.