Anyone else MODY?

Abstalee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel so excluded from the diabetes world having MODY. Every time someone asks what type they just go oh you must be type 1, even doctors and nurses do it. I feel like the only MODY in the world. So if anyone else is a MODY diabetic I would really like to talk???

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a few members in the forum that are type MODY, @AlexB may be able to help ( I have tagged her )
hope this helps.:):).

Atlanta Chase

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I have been diagnosed with mody diabetes. There are different types of mody and I am unsure which type. I am diet controlled.It appears to be a rare form of diabetes so I am keen to hear your experiences.

desidiabulum

Hi. I'm MODY. Types vary -- some can be comfortably controlled with sulfonylureas, or even just metformin. I'm nearly 5 years in from diagnosis -- I was initially told I would be on insulin within a year, but I'm still fine on gliclazide.
They can do tests to identify the gene, but this is still very much work in progress and they haven't identified the gene yet for me. They write 'HNF1 alpha negative' on my forms, which just means tested negative for HNF1 alpha -- very specifically unspecific.
The key is simply to follow whatever regime keeps your BGs stable (with plenty of exercise and moderating carbs in diet) and be grateful you're not LADA or T1.

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
I'm Mody. Still get called T1 by my GP and T2 by my consultant. Was seen in Mody clinic in Brighton before I moved though and it's the only thing that's made sense.

No one seems to have heard of it outside of consultants though.

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi All, I've got MODY Glucokinase & it's just been confirmed today that my baby of 13 months has inherited condition too.

Reactions: 2 people

stallard

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughter is 12 and has mody 5 anyone else here with it please.

stallard

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All, I've got MODY Glucokinase & it's just been confirmed today that my baby of 13 months has inherited condition too.
You poor things I hope your OK hun its so hard to handle what type mody is it. If you need to talk just write back to me good luck for you both

stallard

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck to everyone who has mody or any type of diabetes XXX thinking of you all