Anyone familiar with Insujet ?

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, i was diagnosed like 3 months ago with type 1, been using Novopen to take insulin but i found a needle free option. it is Insujet, it seems to be a great device, i ordered one in january and got it a few days ago. i read every instructions, i was going to use it for the first time today but the administration didnt go well. i mean it just didnt work. the preparation and everything went smooth so maybe im doing something wrong ? my issue is when i press it on to the skin it should release the insulin automatically it says. but it doesnt do ..? i hold the safety catch, wait 10-15-20 seconds but nothing. anyone familiar with this device can help me please ? i consulted my doctor before trying it out but this needle free insulin injector is unknown where i live, my doctor could only advice me to check my BG often after taking insulin with it. please help me figuring out whats the problem !

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, i was diagnosed like 3 months ago with type 1, been using Novopen to take insulin but i found a needle free option. it is Insujet, it seems to be a great device, i ordered one in january and got it a few days ago. i read every instructions, i was going to use it for the first time today but the administration didnt go well. i mean it just didnt work. the preparation and everything went smooth so maybe im doing something wrong ? my issue is when i press it on to the skin it should release the insulin automatically it says. but it doesnt do ..? i hold the safety catch, wait 10-15-20 seconds but nothing. anyone familiar with this device can help me please ? i consulted my doctor before trying it out but this needle free insulin injector is unknown where i live, my doctor could only advice me to check my BG often after taking insulin with it. please help me figuring out whats the problem !

Miszu - As an un-medicated T2, I can't comment on your query I'm afraid

I'm going to move your thread to the Type 1 area, where hopefully more T1s might see it. I hope you don't mind. If you really want this in Ask a Question, just drop me a line and I'll move it back.

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Miszu - As an un-medicated T2, I can't comment on your query I'm afraid

I'm going to move your thread to the Type 1 area, where hopefully more T1s might see it. I hope you don't mind. If you really want this in Ask a Question, just drop me a line and I'll move it back.
thank you, its no problem to me ! :)

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes, i read everything on their website, also the book they sent with the device. when "charging" the insujet i cant hear the click, i rotate it back until the end of the green sign but i cant hear or feel the click. plus the problem i previously mentioned.
i dont think its available on the NHS, my doctor didnt even know what device im talking about when first talking to her about it. I believe u can get more information about Insujet in the UK, here (Hungary) the needle free option is unheard of.

A

asparagusp

Ring/email the company. You could have a faulty one and they should replace it. How much is it?

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive got the starter pack for £150 from UK, this price includes shipping. The injector only is around £90. I emailed the company yesterday, waiting for their reply.

A

asparagusp

Ah good! Here are the prices I found -

Price Price each
InsuJet starter pack 275.00
Nozzle (box 15) 67.50 4.50
Adaptor (box 15) 67.50

However on the company website the insujet is available on the NHS! Fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive got the starter pack for £150 from UK, this price includes shipping. The injector only is around £90. I emailed the company yesterday, waiting for their reply.

Miszu - Have you looked on YouTube at any of the demo videos? Often is there's a bit of a nack in doing something (with any product really), there'll be a video on there.

The thing about doing the same thing again and again is we tend to get the same result and we may be ingraining an error. For an amusing demo of this concept you could seach on YouTube fore "Eddie Izzard Control p print". It's very amusing, but does have some bad language on it, so I won't post the link on here.

I hope you get sorted out soon.

Reactions: Struma

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes, i did my research before trying it out. Hopefuly the company can help me.

I ll check the video you mentioned ! :)

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting device concept. I was disappointed when I saw just how huge it was, and even more disappointed when I realised that the insulin had to be loaded into the device every time...

Another thing which concerns me is the lack of (and I hope I'm wrong) studies concerning blasting insulin through your skin. I'd be interested to find out the long term effects. Naturally as a relatively new concept and product, there will be no history regarding any side effects or problems associated with long term use.

Nevertheless, something new and cool-ish.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not familiar with it either. What I wonder is whether it would be useful for people who form "lumps" around injection sites. I was never aware of that problem before joining this forum, but have read several threads from people who experience this and it sounds awful. I take it the insulin is the same,( Novolog) but the delivery system is very different. I found another thread on this forum. The thing sounds like sort of a PIA to use, one guy said it took 15 min to draw up the insulin dose and he used 2 other ones that were really painful. Maybe it's meant for people who have problems with the injection site.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not familiar with it either. What I wonder is whether it would be useful for people who form "lumps" around injection sites. I was never aware of that problem before joining this forum, but have read several threads from people who experience this and it sounds awful. I take it the insulin is the same,( Novolog) but the delivery system is very different.
I'd be surprised if it offered any relief from lipohypertrophy. The main reason for that problem is the formation of fat and scar tissue from the anabolic properties of the insulin and the repeated use of injection sites. I'm almost certain that the needle has very little impact on lipohypertrophy; especially the narrow diameter ones we use nowadays.

It does seem that the delivery of the insulin is a bit more spread out when compared to that of a typical injection. Whether the better spread of the insulin would slow the progression of fat build up or scar tissue is a good question though:

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I tried something like this about 12-14 years ago (sorry I don't recall the make or model) but I was incredibly underwhelmed by it, and returned it within a couple of weeks. Personally I found it more painful than injections, and a lot less reliable, but I must add, I did not persevere with it, so it could well have been user error! I found it completely pot luck, and it varied from nearly 100% absorption to sometimes 0% and everywhere in between. The technology may have improved since then, so I wish you luck, but I was never tempted to try it again.

Reactions: azure

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah it might not be all that advantageous. Maybe that's why I never heard of it. For lipohypertrophy can you get inhaled insulin there? That might actually work well. I Googled that and it came out in 2014.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah it might not be all that advantageous. Maybe that's why I never heard of it. For lipohypertrophy can you get inhaled insulin there? That might actually work well. I Googled that and it came out in 2014.
There's a couple of threads on here about the inhaled insulin on here. Again however, although an adventurous move, I'm concerned about the lack of studies regarding damage to the lungs.

It is interesting though, it seems quick and non-invasive which is a winner in its own right. Providing that it's not deadly in the process...

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've tried the inhalable insulin (Afrezza) and it's blooming marvellous. The studies that were undertaken suggest limited impact on the lungs, but the first inhalable (Exubera) took five years for lung cancer to show up as an issue.