Type 1 Anyone following dr Bernstein’s low carb approach and using actrapid or humulin s to cover meals?

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Evening all, I hope you are all well and enjoying your evening so far.

Anyone following dr Bernstein’s low carb approach and using actrapid or humulin s to cover meals?

I’ve just been given the green light to try actrapid as I’m finding it hard to get good results using my novorapid with dr Bernstein’s low carb approach without splitting doses. when having the occasional treat of pizza or a sneaky takeout it’s a good solution but I’ve found for every meal to cover the fat and protein digestion a bit of a chore and miss time one shot and your shooting higher than you should be a pain in the behind. Also the extra jabs are making me a little sore as there isn’t a lot of meat on me either.

Any insight or advice would be very welcomed.

Thanks in advance ;)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Kristin251 is probably most use to you. But she'd never have a pizza base...

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use bernsteins approach but I’m on humalog so this probably won’t be much help.
I do my own version of the pump and stay rock steady. I don’t like large or heavy meals ( generally) so I eat small meals every three hours and inject for each of course.
For me, I’m pretty sure my basal has run out by morning as I only take 2 units and I just continue to rise after I get up. I also require a small bolus an hour or so after bf once I start moving around to stop the morning rise. I take 1/2-1 unit per meal, time of day and meal size dependent so I’m also sure I run out at the 3 hour mark.
That being said, if I have a fatty burger or high animal fat meal I do need to split my bolus. Mediterranean fats not at all. I also keep my proteins at each meal modest as I gluconeogenisis like a rock star.
I am jabbing a lot but small doses. My fingers hurt worse than my stomach.

So I’m sure this was of very little help to you lol.