Anyone going to the PHC conference in Manchester?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Alas, it is too costly.

Hope that lots of HCPs will go and learn, and put that learning into practice.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Alas, it is too costly.

Hope that lots of HCPs will go and learn, and put that learning into practice.
I'm glad to see that both Dr Fung and Dr Unwin are doing HCP only workshops which will hopefully get the word out there a bit more..

Reactions: Freema and Snapsy

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went last year and loved it, but this year is too expensive for my budget.

The price and setup seem aimed at the professional, with funded attendance for the conference and the networking dinner afterwards. I can completely understand their thinking. Far better to get professionals on board than individuals who won't be able to impact as many people.

Hopefully the videos will be online again, and can be posted here so that everyone can see them. :)

Reactions: Freema and Snapsy
A

Avocado Sevenfold

As the ticket price includes lunch, I have emailed them to ask what the vegan option will be :hungry:

*genuinely curious*

They have emailed back to say

"Hi, thanks for getting in touch. We haven't finalised the menu yet
but there will be a vegan option available. I'll try to remember to let
you know when we finalise but any suggestions from you right now are
welcome? Cheers
:)"

I have replied

"I wont be able to attend the conference myself, but as an avid low carb vegan with type 2 diabetes, I am always interested to see what the experts come up with.

I hope the conference is a great success."

So I am none the wiser about what a professional caterer would create, but they will be making something :)

Reactions: Pipp

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They have emailed back to say

"Hi, thanks for getting in touch. We haven't finalised the menu yet
but there will be a vegan option available. I'll try to remember to let
you know when we finalise but any suggestions from you right now are
welcome? Cheers
:)"

I have replied

"I wont be able to attend the conference myself, but as an avid low carb vegan with type 2 diabetes, I am always interested to see what the experts come up with.

I hope the conference is a great success."

So I am none the wiser about what a professional caterer would create, but they will be making something :)

I attended last year, and I'm sure Brunneria would agree with me that the LC food was really excellent. It was in Birmingham last year, so can't be sure what will happen this time, but as I understand the menu was pre-agreed with the organisers.

It was a great day last year, and I had the opportunity to meet @Brunneria, @Totto, @Administrator and Charlotte who will be speaking this year.

I don't know if I can attend this year, and may not know until fairly close to the date, but anyone going should have a good time, I hope.

Are you planning to attend @bulkbiker ?

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
We went last year and it was a really good event all round. Exciting to actually see and hear, in real life, the people who we had been following for the previous couple of years or so and who had made such a difference to both of us.
I had hoped that we would be going to Manchester, but it would involve an overnight stay and, yes, for us too the conference fee is rather more than we feel able to spend. I do agree, however, that it is far more important that HCP's take the places.
I wonder if we met any of you last year?
Sally

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We went last year and it was a really good event all round. Exciting to actually see and hear, in real life, the people who we had been following for the previous couple of years or so and who had made such a difference to both of us.
I had hoped that we would be going to Manchester, but it would involve an overnight stay and, yes, for us too the conference fee is rather more than we feel able to spend. I do agree, however, that it is far more important that HCP's take the places.
I wonder if we met any of you last year?
Sally

Oh! I WISH i had known you were there! It was a great day, largely because of the speakers, venue and food (which was excellent), but also because of being able to meet fellow forumites.

Would have loved to have met you too!

I can honestly say that the food was the best i have ever had at a conference-type-thing. Real food, cooked well, lush fresh salad and cooked veg, decent portions. Low carb (keto) friendly, but carbs available if required.

Reactions: Administrator

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the really nice things about sitting down to lunch with a group of strangers at this conference was not having to explain oneself. I mean about why we had declined the bread rolls, asked for no chips, set aside the grapes with the cheese and biscuits and so on. It's surprising how often complete strangers query our food choices when we dine out, but I do try and treat it as an opportunity to educate people.
Sally

Reactions: Pipp

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many may have also had this email, but an email received a few minutes ago from DCUK confirms the PHCUK Conference will be streamed live over the weekend, via the LC Programme Facebook page.

A very special event · View online

h8ooZO4.png

The experts are coming to you
This weekend, you can meet with the country's most forward thinkers in the field of diet and diabetes. Diabetes.co.uk will be live-streaming the Public Health Collaboration Conference, and you're invited.

Why are we streaming it?

Some of the foremost leaders of the health revolution - including Dr David Unwin, Dr Jason Fung, and our very own Charlotte Summers - will be getting together to push forward a new way of thinking, in the name of improving health for everyone.

It's only fair that you get a front row seat to the conference that will be key to changing and improving the health of thousands of people across the country, and demonstrating that type 2 diabetes does not have to be a chronic progressive disease.

clip_image001.png
Dive into the health revolution

The conference will be taking place tomorrow and Sunday (17th-18th June). The Live stream will be available (completely free of course) on the Low Carb Program and on the Low Carb Program Facebook page (like it now to make sure you get the notification when we go live!)

Charlotte will presenting "The Low Carb Program: 150,000 Anecdotes", a look into the way that the Program is reinventing structured education, the huge savings it has made to the NHS, and the life changing effect it has had on its members.

Charlotte Summers
o2p7PBg.jpgg

Dr Jason Fung
jAB9WVj.jpg

Dr David & Jen Unwin

Who is bringing the LC snacks?