1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone on glimepiride?

Discussion in 'Diabetes Medication and Drugs' started by MNawaz2, Oct 28, 2017.

1. MNawaz2

MNawaz2 Type 2 · Active Member

Just started glimepiride today. Felt very nervous because nurse was saying i can experience hypo's sometimes. After 3 hours of taking the tablet my blood sugar went from 8.6 to 4.9, which made me more nervous. Need some support. Anyone else on glimepiride? Do you suffer from hypo's?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Animalal

Animalal Type 2 · Newbie

I have just started Glimepiride this morning and 12:30pm I felt a bit clammy and shaky, I took my bloods and I was 2.8. I chewed a glucose tablet and ate an apple and started to feel better. I then had some lunch. I'm hoping that's a glitch and I will be ok.

3. heavyd

heavyd Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes I use glimepiride and I always feel hypo. I used 3mg twice daily

4. anteater2012

anteater2012 Other · Well-Known Member

On it as well, but minimal dose. Had to argue with doc to halve the medication of this & Metformin, but don't seem to have experienced any massive lows. It was a vast improvement over glicizide, which is what I was on before. That drug nearly killed me with it's side effects.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook