Anyone seen the documentary What the Health (netflix)??

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It entirely negates everything on this forum - and more to the point everything I'm experiencing in my own weight loss and BS control on the low carb diet - apparently it's not sugar and carbs that's the problem it's fats and animal proteins ....arrrgh ! Don't you just hate all the contradictory information ??????? I'm sticking to what's working for me and blow the crazy american doctors !! (according to them chicken is one of the worst things you can eat !!!!! - maybe their getting it confused with the Kentucky Fried sort!)

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Sounds like vegan propaganda. Although personally I don't eat poultry as I find it unappetizing compared to beef.

Reactions: ShyLily

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, I'll have to take a look at that, though it won't sway me from a low carb diet that saw my HbA1c drop from 70 to 45 in 9 weeks and my weight drop by three stone in three months! And I eat a lot of strawberries with double cream and chicken! :chicken:
EDIT I have the strawberries and cream separate from the chicken! :playful:

Reactions: Guzzler

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I'll have to take a look at that, though it won't sway me from a low carb diet that saw my HbA1c drop from 70 to 45 in 9 weeks and my weight drop by three stone in three months! And I eat a lot of strawberries with double cream and chicken! :chicken:
EDIT I have the strawberries and cream separate from the chicken! :playful:

hey, stick the cream on the chicken and a strawberry on top !! I agree, it hasn't swayed me - but it di p*ss me off a bit !

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I suspect that the BS involved in this documentary is not Blood Sugar...if it claims that sugar and carbs are not the issue.

Reactions: DJC3 and Flora123

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I think I have disproved their theory by having normal blood glucose levels while eating (almost) only meat/dairy/eggs for the last 2 years.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It entirely negates everything on this forum - and more to the point everything I'm experiencing in my own weight loss and BS control on the low carb diet - apparently it's not sugar and carbs that's the problem it's fats and animal proteins ....arrrgh ! Don't you just hate all the contradictory information ??????? I'm sticking to what's working for me and blow the crazy american doctors !! (according to them chicken is one of the worst things you can eat !!!!! - maybe their getting it confused with the Kentucky Fried sort!)
Or the bleached sort!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The docco is just like the PETA stuff, bullsh!te propaganda.:meh:
One of the funniest 'vegan moments' I've ever seen was from C J Hunt's documentary 'In Search of the Perfect Human Diet' where a very earnest vegan female was explaining to him that the human digestion system is just like a ruminant's and that's why we should be eating only plants :D

Reactions: charliebarker

frankbegbie

Obviously there's £billions involved in the food industry and they want us to keep eating the sugar.

So they can keep selling us the drugs that don't cure us.

I'd sooner trust The Mafia.

Reactions: ShyLily

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Obviously there's £billions involved in the food industry and they want us to keep eating the sugar.

So they can keep selling us the drugs that don't cure us.

I'd sooner trust The Mafia.

Is it not the Mafia anyway ?