Anyone tried glp1

xtessa1x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I have looked at the link... Thanks..... However I guess the real question is if anyone taking this drug has had problems with their pancreas as I have had pancreatitis in the past and all he report's I have read says theses drugs can cause pancreatitis ant cancer..

LongPointGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I'm on trulicity. Started about 2.5 months ago. I do not have a history of pancreatitis. If you read the product inserts, many of the diabetic meds have the same risk. If the cancer you are referring to is the thyroid cancer, it is not the usual thyroid cancer that many people get. It is a rare type of cancer that runs in families. It has been seen in mice but not in people. Hope this helps even if it is a few months later.

RobertSK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Anti-maskers and Anti-Vacc people.
My nephrologist put me ozempic and tresiba today (I am a Canuk). The tresiba is covered by our provincial drug plan but the ozempic is not (ozempic is a GLP-1 agonist) and the initial 6 week course is $470! Each month thereafter is $249. What are your drug costs in the UK? Ours are real hit and miss...it’s frustrating as all get out.

RobertSK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
My nephrologist put me ozempic and tresiba today (I am a Canuk). The tresiba is covered by our provincial drug plan but the ozempic is not (ozempic is a GLP-1 agonist) and the initial 6 week course is $470! Each month thereafter is $249. What are your drug costs in the UK? Ours are real hit and miss...it’s frustrating as all get out.

Dark Horse

In the UK, individuals with long-term conditions such as diabetes do not pay anything towards their drug presciptions as it is covered by the NHS. According to Diabetes Times, the cost to the NHS works out at £2.62 per day (as one semaglutide pen which contains 4 x once weekly doses, (all doses, including needles) costs £73.25, for a daily cost of £2.62). https://diabetestimes.co.uk/novo-nordisk-uk-launches-ozempic-semaglutide/

I think you're likely to get more replies if you start your own thread rather than add to an old one.

Edited to add link.

RobertSK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Doh! Sorry - I wasn’t paying attention to the dates.

Reactions: Dark Horse

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We're very lucky here, the NHS pays for EVERYTHING an NHS doctor prescribes, if you go private I'm not sure how that works. With certain conditions (Diabetes included) all medications are free, otherwise prescription charges are £9 per item