Anyone Type 1's Between 18-30 Here?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Poison...., a bad attitude, pumpkin food (yuck), pictures of chocolate (such a tease)
Ah sucks but better it happens now so you can start getting used to it ... It becomes second nature pretty quickly

Hi, I'm 30 until Xmas day and then I'll have to ignore thise post :( :p

I've been diabetic type 1 since I was 19 (11 years) and I can't actually remember NOT assessing food like some kind of diabetic terminator. It sounds strange but I don't know what I would do if there was a cure tomorrow.....Stockholm Syndrome? :p

But yes, it will become second nature, just don't let it stop you from doing anything that you enjoyed before you became diabetic.

Reactions: sandra curtis

Char1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I'm 21 and type 1 and been diagnosed a month to this day so I'm very new to all this. I'm on a pen injection and inject my self twice a day morning and night. Any tips?
Nice to meet everyone.

DK8521

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I'm 24 and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 18 months old in year 1994. And I'm on a pump for 12 years now. Before the pump I had 7 injections everyday and Hba1c levels between 9 and 10, on the pump they are now between 7 and 8.

Last edited:

Raks_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm 19, been a type 1 diabetic for 12 years, finding that balance is hard but worth it in the end :)

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I'm 25 and diagnosed T1 about a month ago.

Everything is going well at the moment. Possibly the honeymooning luring me into a false sense of security but I'll take it for what it is for now. Injecting 4-5 times a day on basal/bolus but relatively on low doses.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I'm 20, I've been a Type 1 Diabetic for 19 years. Have sure had some ups and downs in that time but I'm getting there!

Reactions: EvePop96

Tweety88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m turning 30 on January! Will have been type one for 20 years in December x

quintel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
21 here and diagnosed T1 for 17years! Love this thread!

Calv2504

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey I'm 27 been T1 now for 18 years. Have had ups and downs still struggle with it still get fed up and monkey at times but just gotta keep going keep trying and tomorrow is another day! :)

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
29 today and diagnosed Type 1 4 weeks ago. Scary road but determined. Nice to meet you all.

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
I'm 25 and diagnosed T1 20/10/17