1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments' started by Ange1a65, Feb 25, 2017.

1. GrantGam

GrantGam Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I just bought mine from Holland & Barret tonight @Energize, a wee experiment for my DP. As I'll be looking to counter the effects of DP and my innate morning rise - I'd be looking at taking my tablets with my evening meal. It does say on the back of the box to take with a meal, so I'm going to follow this advice initially to see how I go. Any findings, I'll be sure to post back with here:)

2. Energize

Energize Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks very much @GrantGam

I'm considering it for the same reason, ie DP. My readings in the mornings, start slightly higher than I'd like but then rise, particularly after having a shower and don't get back to reasonable levels until lunchtime, ie 3-4 hours, in spite of having a low carb breakfast, ie coffee with cream, piece of cheese or ham

I think I'll give it a try too ;) ... and will post back!

• Like Like x 1
  3. GrantGam

GrantGam Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So no success with the ACV tablets unfortunately... See I told you I'd be back:) My fasting BG has become awful since attempting to introduce some more carbs into my diet. For me, anything more than 130g/140g carbs per day means horrendous DP... I've tried around 180g/200g for the past week and I'm up around 11-15mmol/l every morning. The ACV can't compete I'm afraid.

I read time and time again about the importance of the supplements containing "the mother", I still don't understand what that is. Do my tablets contain then, I don't know - it doesn't say on the box!

In terms of dose, it says take 2-6 tablets per day with a meal. I've been taking 5 with my dinner - which equates to 1500mg.

That's about all I have to say:/

4. joeninty90

joeninty90 Type 2 · Newbie

Morning i take it 1st thing in the morning and last thing at night. I was on 3 500 metformin tabs a day don't take any now don't check my blood sugar either. I walk 6miles every day and feel great

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. cadd79

cadd79 Type 2 · Newbie

I have found if I use any type of vinegar in a salad dressing... Like olive oil and vinegar my sugar levels really drop. I do find it hard to take by itself but in a salad it's good!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook