Are slightly numb big toes *always* a sign of neuropathy?

Teessideguy66

The other thing to think about is - do your shoes fit properly? Constant pressure, tightness etc, especially when walking can also cause numbness. Podiatrist pointed this out to me, I changed my shoes and hey presto, have my feeling back, though it can take a little while.
When they suggested changing socks and shoes I assume they meant width size, however from what I know socks don't really have a specific size I'm a size 8 and my socks are sizes 6-11 so this is a bit confusing.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes a rather old thread - but perhaps a good place to add the advice - do not try teaching morris jigs unless you are wearing highly impact absorbing footwear, and just demonstrate the steps once, do not try to do the whole dance.
Failure to follow this warning could result in embarrassing hobbling about on swollen feet for a couple of weeks.

dpoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When they suggested changing socks and shoes I assume they meant width size, however from what I know socks don't really have a specific size I'm a size 8 and my socks are sizes 6-11 so this is a bit confusing.
I suffer from peripheral vascular disease and had to start wearing soft top socks, they are not elasticated so don't leave marks on your leg. Small blood vessels are near the surface of your skin. Maybe this is what they meant. M&S soft top socks 3 pair for £10, you can find cheaper but these are good.