Are we the 'chosen'?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We can’t change the ones near us much less the world. We can change ourselves, though. And the little piece of the world we do have dominion over will touch everything, everywhere.
Even our last breath.

I both agree with your point and also not..I think it is close to impossible to change ones whole surrounding invironment and other fellow human beings, but on the other side that is what we (as a whole human race ) are doing in a bad uncontroled insensible way concerning the whole only place we have to live in.

well can we change the invironment...? we are already doing that big time the nature ! foods ..! producing foods in ways that lead to low levels of nutrients and lots of polution and so on... changing thousands of years traditions of menues for human tribes into hyper glucose and starch-filled foods... and now we suffer from it... we are among the first huge amounts af victims and some serverer sufferers from this bad influence evaporating human tradition original nature and humans are multiplying far too fast on this tiny little ball called Earth -
so are we the chosen... I think sooner the victims ... the climate refugees even more servere victims and in frontline of extinction of many in our own species; this on top of extinction of all the other big mammals and other threatened species

but still physically I dont suffer much yet and I think this new eatings style is a correction back to a more original human way of eating

Last edited:
Reactions: ann34+

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes @leslie10152 we are definitely 'chosen'. I was told once by a catholic priest that I was going to be a saint.
Patron saint of diabetics?
Anyone prays to me when I'm dead will be cured. Now that would be a miracle.
I mustnt die for some time yet then!

I'd love to get more involved in a cure. Now, then I'd feel chosen.

Reactions: ann34+

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Yes @leslie10152 we are definitely 'chosen'. I was told once by a catholic priest that I was going to be a saint.

Ditto!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm too late. We already have one.

"She became the first Brazilian to be proclaimed a saint by the Catholic Church, when she was canonized on 19 May 2002 by Pope John Paul II. Pauline suffered fromdiabetes for much of her life and is considered by some to be a patron saint of diabetics."
Courtesy of Wikipedia.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Maybe she'll let me be patron saint of good fasting blood glucose levels?

Reactions: Freema
D

Deleted member 308541

I'm too late. We already have one.
You can be the "Special One" instead icki'.
4F2mf.gif

Reactions: Freema

CarolAHudson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who refuse to help themselves.
Hi, leslie10152, v. interesting question - maybe, yes - though maybe not quite in the way you are thinking - i wonder if we are like the canaries that were taken down mines, if they became unwell or died this warned of the state of the air in the mine - perhaps the increase in all types of diabetes is an early warning to all the world that something is wrong with the planet, and life on the planet, whether it be chemical overload of air and water, and food, or lifestyle and diet changes, or something else, even climate changes, or a combination of these - only today i read medpage today - .." as temperature rises, does the risk of gestational diabetes spike? " -http://www.medpagetoday.com/OBGYN/Pregnancy/65299?xid=nl_mpt_International_2017-05-19&eun=g415048d0r
Could the increase in diabetes worldwide lead to an urgent re-evaluation, and ultimately lead us nearer to a cleaner, healthier, 'greener' planet?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It would be highly probable that someone called Derek has posted these same comments somewhere out there

Love that sentence, lindisfel! Given the sheer size of the universe, I think it's highly likely that there are some other folks out there.

Most sci-fi presents them as fabulously advanced societies with exotic names, but wouldn't it just be great if it was full of Dereks and Kylies? I'd like to see some episodes of Doctor Who and Star Trek fighting the evil machinations of Lord Derek!

If those guys at SETI ever have a close encounter, chances are it'll probaby be a freak transmission of an alien version of the Eurovision song contest.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well there is a Lord Derek Foster though I don't know if he has any evil machinations to speak of.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
A thought occurred to me today. Are we the new world people to lead the way to the next level of humanity? Is it not said that suffering brings insight? Is it not said that, 'the closer to God, the greater the suffering'? Are we not the way to a better society?

@leslie10152 , If I find out who 'chose' ME for THIS, there's going to be trouble.

Reactions: Freema and ann34+

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Whoever is doing the choosing deserves a right good kicking.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Who ever it is why do they keep picking on me?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A thought occurred to me today. Are we the new world people to lead the way to the next level of humanity? Is it not said that suffering brings insight? Is it not said that, 'the closer to God, the greater the suffering'? Are we not the way to a better society?

No, I don't think so. I think we've just been slightly unlucky on the pancreas/insulin front :)

I don't put any significance on my getting Type 1.

Reactions: zand

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

See..that's where we differ...when I was very young one one of them told me I was going to Hell. After you, Father O'Hearty.