Artisan Chocolate Gifts

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
Do you ever get an artisan chocolate shop presents and what do you do with them?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yup.
I eat them.
Very slowly. One after each meal, and relish every fragment.

Mind you, I'm not talking about stuff like Thorntons (sickly sweet and horrible!) but rather things like Heston's, Montezuma, Hotel Chocolat, or similar.

I was given a small box of Montezuma truffles a couple of months ago, and not only were they absolutely delicious, but they didn't seem to have any blood glucose impact at all. Zilch. So I make them last for ages by just having one at a time after meals. Of course, I would prefer to eat them all at once in a single orgiastic choc-fest, but that would do horrible things to me, and would be an insult to the choc-giver (usually Mr B) so that helps with the self control. :)

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
OMG!!!!!....

all of them, even though one at a time after each meal :)

so we are partners in crime but, I am still in the dreaming stage as I have not eaten any chocolate since many years at all, not even a tiny bit, before the diagnoses I used to eat tons of it daily and regularly,

I guess if you do something with love and moderately it will not harm you.

My next assignment will be to study your list of makers, in particular the one with proven nothing effect on BG :)

And congratulations of being elected as one of the new moderators as I feel you are a truly dedicated member of the community since a considerable amount of time and I was one of the profiles which voted for you as you deserve it for your sincere participation of the forum.

I totally agree for your sayings on Gluten Free foods and it's effects on the metabolism and this is an area I need to teach myself thoroughly and properly :)

It says Best Seller :)

grand-truffle-collection-p127-219_medium.jpg

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can eat the high cocoa bars - I get the 81 percent ones from Lidl - and I have toyed with the idea of grating it into cream, either cold or warm, for different effects, but have not got round to it, as it isn't something I have in the house all the time, and one bar has to last over a week.
I also thought of melting it and dipping walnut halves to glue them together, but I am not sure that I could keep temptation at bay if I did.

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
To me, Dorset is one of the most beautiful places on earth @Resurgam

Yes, the temptation and having them in the house and one bar has to last over a week are all question marks :)

with warm cream might cause speedy action where as with wall nuts makes it healthier and more innocent I guess :)

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Do you ever get an artisan chocolate shop presents and what do you do with them?
yes, I get them, and yes I eat them. My favourites are hand made and very dark. I eat them as pudding and add them to my carb count...yummm.

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading this thread with interest would you share your favourite chocolate that work for you. I'm a fan of G.orge chocolate (when can afford) I came across this brand as I was looking for a gluten and dairy free chocs for a friend .

Reactions: luv2spin

Marthaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep an eye on special offers of 85% dark chocolate and generally buy Divine or Green & Black's. A good budget buy is from Aldi, Moser Roth 85% five individual 25g bars with 4.6g carb.

I agree about Montezuma truffles - taste delicious, one a day after dinner.

Reactions: luv2spin

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Divine is Divine.......love their little chocolate hearts.......just the right size for a treat.......mmmmmmmm

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Reading this thread with interest would you share your favourite chocolate that work for you. I'm a fan of G.orge chocolate (when can afford) I came across this brand as I was looking for a gluten and dairy free chocs for a friend .

Absolutely, the whole box, all of it :)

Used to eat regularly, every day and a lot.

Did not even have a single piece of any sort since the diagnosis.

Apart from causing BG level variations one should also bare in mind the following;

Regular Bitter Chocolate: A small piece a day, the yearly weight gain is 22 kg.

So Called Diabetic Bitter Chocolate: A small piece a day, the yearly weight gain is 16.5 Kg.

And they still contain lots of Carbs and the fats which are not considered as good fats for you, like freshly pressed olive oil.

Reactions: Sweet_Sophie