Atkins and Potassium supplements

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I had a good chuckle some time ago at an advert flogging 'concentrated natural salts', I believe from the Great Salt Lake in Utah. They were selling a small bottle of liquid at a very large price, so you could obtain the natural trace elements for your diet from 'naturally evaporated salts'.

I wonder what they think sea salt is?

Viv 8)

Hobnoblin

Sid Bonkers said:
Hobnoblin said:
There hope that explains that for you Honboblin and I am so sorry if I have upset you in any way, I certainly did not mean any personal attack, and I'm sorry too that someone of your genteel disposition took my remarks that way. There all friends again eh :D

I have nowhere assumed that people are eating lots of carbs, that doesn't mean that I think the advice isn't flawed. Base your meal around quality protein, add some good fats, then as much fibrous veg as you can get away with then lastly consider starchy carbs. That would be advice more fitting to type 2 diabetics I feel.

As for being genteel, I'm up for a debate as much as anyone, what I object to to being prejudged, especially by someone who so vociferously advocates respect on this forum. I don't judge others. As far I'm concerned this is just another forum full of anonymous individuals, peoples' opinions here don't matter a jot outside of this place. So you'll be pleased to know that no lasting damage is done.

I accept your apology. As insincere as it appears.

AliB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I only mentioned Celtic Sea salt because it is fairly widely available and is relatively cheap (depending on what brand you buy). I get Danival 'Sel Marin' from the Brittany coast from my local health shop and it is only just over £2 for a kilo bag.

As long as the salt is 'complete' and hasn't been fractionated it doesn't matter where it comes from.

Not all 'sea salt' is complete. Some has been washed and is missing some of the elements. They don't tell you that on the packet so the manufacturers would have to be contacted for that information. Complete salt whould contain at least 84 different minerals and trace elements.

'Sea salt' is a bit of a misnomer. As most salt originally came from the sea at some point - even refined salt could effectively be classed as 'sea salt'!

BTW. If you are drinking more water, you need to consume more salt as the water flushes the minerals out of the body. They also get sweated out during hot weather or strenuous exercise too.