Awful1st week

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The lightheaded feeling should pass as your body get's used to new normal levels. If not see a doc or nurse.

How many carbs are you having a day? Could be carb flu but I've never had this.

There is also something called a false hypo where you test and you levels are normal but you have symptoms of a low. I test and often get 4's. It can feel pretty rough though.

Try not to feed it carbs unless you are ready for a meal as this can drag it out.

canarypilot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The lightheaded feeling should pass as your body get's used to new normal levels. If not see a doc or nurse.

How many carbs are you having a day? Could be carb flu but I've never had this.

There is also something called a false hypo where you test and you levels are normal but you have symptoms of a low. I test and often get 4's. It can feel pretty rough though.

Try not to feed it carbs unless you are ready for a meal as this can drag it out.
Thanks. My goal is 105 - 130g of carbs per day. Set by a diet app for gentle weight loss.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That makes it less likely to be carb flu then.

Looks like you are already seeing improved results already. Keeping testing. You may find like I have that the fasting level is the last to fall in response to improved diet.

Reactions: canarypilot

canarypilot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That makes it less likely to be carb flu then.

Looks like you are already seeing improved results already. Keeping testing. You may find like I have that the fasting level is the last to fall in response to improved diet.
So a rough night last night. I checked 2 hrs after evening meal and level was at 4. This morning premeal it's at 4.2. It hasn't been anywhere near that since starting testing.

Perhaps the metformin and low carb diet are going too far which is why I'm feeling ill. For the rest of the week I will keep the diet going but introduce more carbs. Hopefully the Meds and losing weight will be enough. I will test a lot this week.