Bad day

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep I am having a bad day .Does anyone know why when you wash a tissue it always goes in the washer with husbands dark socks !!?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry for your plight.........but be thankful it wasn't a whole load of black tee-shirts.........that is the worst next to the forgotten red or blue article in with the whites..........:rolleyes:

Reactions: Crystalwand

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's something to do with Sod's law I believe! Soooooooo annoying isn't it?

Reactions: Salvia

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Love Tempo tissues for this very reason. They come out of the machine more or less as they went in. Saved sanity many times when I am sure I have searched all pockets and one sneaks in.

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I daren't let Mr Chook near the washing machine - last time I did he put a newish black sock in with a big load of whites - the whole lot turned a horrible 'used to be white look ' patchy grey.

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Mr C once phoned me at work to ask how to use the machine. This is a guy who strips engines, gearboxes and such like. We had been married about 20 years at this point. Everybody in the office got worried for me and asked the same question "why does he need to suddenly need to learn machine so urgently".

He has started suggesting he helps me with the machine as I am struggling to sort, load and empty it at the moment. Thankfully he has not actually put the offer into practice enough to ask where the machine is yet. I wish he would start by putting his laundry in the basket but it is only 40 years so far. It may take a bit longer to get him to that stage.

I usually do the tissue thing with black trousers but that is because it is in the trouser pocket and most trousers are black. Do they come in other colours?

Reactions: Crystalwand

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There's a lot of anti-sock sentiment in this thread. I protest! And I thank covknit for finding another article of clothing - which I didn't stupidly choose to name myself after - to blame for unpredictable laundry outcomes.

;)

(Hope your day has improved, @carty - I shall post an offensively cheerful song for you and cross my fingers that you smile just a little bit.)

Not-The-Sock-That-Ruined-Your-Clothes x

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@carty

Can I enquire as too why you were washing tissues.........or on second thoughts I'd rather not know........:hilarious:........:wacky:.......:nailbiting:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was only washing one small tissue ,it snook in up a sleeve One small tissue can go a long way !!!
CAROL

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@carty

Can I enquire as too why you were washing tissues.........or on second thoughts I'd rather not know........:hilarious:........:wacky:.......:nailbiting:
Recycled products have to start somewhere.

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Oldvatr is just trying to explain away that polka-dot suit he wears because he thinks it looks "natty".

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Oldvatr is just trying to explain away that polka-dot suit he wears because he thinks it looks "natty".
Nope. Its definitely tatty.

Edit to add: Could be explained by dandruff, n'est ce pas? I get spots before the eyes at my age, nowt to do wid tissues.

D

Deleted member 308541

There's a lot of anti-sock sentiment in this thread.
We have a nearly 14 year old Simpson Esprit washing machine that has turned into a Sock Monster, every wash one goes missing it's a good job I only wear black socks so that I can still get a pair.

We check and double check that there is no tissues in pockets but we still get them now and again, a good shake when the washing is dry the bits fly off.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The black tissues look good but out of stock at the moment ! Maybe I may lose one in the whites . CAROL