Banana Non-dairy icecream Recipe!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there!

I have been recently loving making banana nice cream and thought I'd share the recipe.

3 medium bananas
1 tablespoon of nut butter of your choice
2 tablespoons Cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoon Hemp protein powder

I blend the bananas until fairly smooth in the food processor and then add the rest of the ingredients until well mixed. Then I add whatever toppings I want! I usually add Medjool dates and raspberries as the toppings. If you don't want the extra fat, you can take out the nut butter. I find that because it's so low fat it does not spike my blood sugars after eating.

Hope you enjoy!

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there!

I have been recently loving making banana nice cream and thought I'd share the recipe.

3 medium bananas
1 tablespoon of nut butter of your choice
2 tablespoons Cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoon Hemp protein powder

I blend the bananas until fairly smooth in the food processor and then add the rest of the ingredients until well mixed. Then I add whatever toppings I want! I usually add Medjool dates and raspberries as the toppings. If you don't want the extra fat, you can take out the nut butter. I find that because it's so low fat it does not spike my blood sugars after eating.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks but it's the high carb values from the Bananas that would worry me regarding a blood glucose spike and certainly not fats of any kind tbh.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yea that's what I thought as well early this year but I've been trying out the vegan HCLF diet and am honestly shocked at how stable my blood sugars are. It's really cool and I would not have believed it if I didn't try it myself. But everyone's body is different and that's what I found has worked for me so far. I think the highest I spiked was at 150 or 160 for my blood sugars. If I add too much peanut butter though, my sugars spike to 200 range.