Beat the Sun - ASICS Challenge

juanra

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I’m from Spain and type 1 diabetic since 2013 Christmas.

Among more than 56,000 applicants, I am finalist of the ASICS Beat the sun Challenge to compete in Chamonix running around the Montblanc next june 21. You can see what’s all about in last year summary:

More than a dream for me, it’s a responsibility to demonstrate once again that with diabetes can compete as equals with anyone, in any field of life. Diabetes will be a nuisance but never an excuse

I just need a final push with your votes to be the first spanish in the amateur list vote. You can vote here (clic in europe):

races.asics.com/us/en-us/beatthesun/vote

You can vote once a day!!
Thanks a lot and thanks for sharing.

juanra

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The link for vote is not ok in the other post, sorry. Here it is complete

http://races.asics.com/us/en-us/beatthesun/vote#vote-runners

Also let me copy here what I've just write in my facebook account:

Thanks a lot to everybody for the support in the ASICS challenge vote, it fills me a lot. I don’t know if finally I will be one of the amateurs runners selected to go to Chamonix but been reached here it is already a big victory.
During these days I’ve received some messages from parents of child with diabetes (to whom I don’t know at all) telling me that their sons are very hopeful with the possibility that someone with diabetes is so close to take part in this challenge. It’s very motivating for them and helps going on with the correct daily diabetes care. Also makes them feel that diabetes will not be an impediment to get what they propose in their lives.
I think there is not any prize better than that and so I’m very proud of be able to contribute on that (my little grain of sand). I feel winner already.
Now carry on voting!!

juanra

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Finally I've been selected from Spain to join the Sud Europe team trying to Beat the Sun in Chamonix the 21st of June. So I'll do my best to achive the goal and keeping diabetes under control at the sametime.

Thanks a lot for the support in the voting. If you want to know anything else about the event or about training with diabetes I would be delitghted to answer any question if I can.

Here you can see the teams:
http://races.asics.com/us/en-us/beatthesun/teams