Type 2 Being sick and fasting blood glucose levels

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quick question, I had one of the worst allergic reaction to soy I have had in a while last night, bad nights sleep, dehydrated, headache, worst asthma in a long time. Also using the maximum dose of an Asthma preventer, and a lot of an asthma immediate use inhaler (ventolin). usually my fasting levels run at 3.9 to 4.1. This morning in was 5.1. I presume this is because I was sick and was using large doses of asthma meds?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Stress and illness push sugar levels up. If you end up taking steroid pills that will also push your levels up.

Reactions: Quinn1066

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stress and illness push sugar levels up. If you end up taking steroid pills that will also push your levels up.
Thanks for the response yeah the symbicourt (preventer) is an inhaled steroid mixture, and being sick yeah that would raise my levels, plus I didn't sleep well it was mostly coughing, using asthma meds, and running to the bathroom.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the response yeah the symbicourt (preventer) is an inhaled steroid mixture, and being sick yeah that would raise my levels, plus I didn't sleep well it was mostly coughing, using asthma meds, and running to the bathroom.
That would send anyone's bloods up. It'll come back down when you feel better. Hope you'll be 100% again soon!

Reactions: Quinn1066