Belvita breakfast biscuits

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
Just had a quick bite to eat of these Belvita breakfast biscuits as I was feeling quite hungry and they have whole grains in them - was looking at how many calories they had in too and stumbled upon this review from a lady with type 1 so I thought I'd share it:

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/food/belvita-breakfast-biscuits/1538463/

slimtony

I think Kraft are on to a winner with these. Designed for heavy drinkers and people who buy their breakfast from petrol stations.

That's pretty much everybody. :mrgreen:

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
I used to take these to work for my 'eleven o'clock' snack, when my colleagues would be eating biscuits, check the sugar content some are lower than others.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
INGREDIENTS of Belvita:-

Wheat flour, oat flakes, barley wholegrain flour, sugar, vegetable fat, rye flour, ammonium hydrogen carbonate, sodium hydrogen carbonate, sodium diphosphate, whole milk powder, skimmed milk powder, whey powder, salt, E472e, soya lecithin, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, vitamin B9, iron, magnesium

Ingredients of Ryvita:
Wholegrain rye flour (97%), rye flour, salt.

carbs in 1 biscuit: Ryvita 6.7g; Belvita: 8.6g

kinhtid

i have type 1 Diabetes, and i work for Kraft Foods (UK) we are onto a winner with these Belvita Breakfast biscuits! they are taking off! the demand for them is rather high and we cant make enough of them!!!:)))))

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
kinhtid, how much were you paid for that advert ?

WhitbyJet

kinhtid said:
i have type 1 Diabetes, and i work for Kraft Foods (UK) we are onto a winner with these Belvita Breakfast biscuits! they are taking off! the demand for them is rather high and we cant make enough of them!!!:)))))

OMG makes my blood run cold just reading the ingredients list, NO THANK YOU, sheer poison!

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I avoid processed food as much as possible, preferring to cook or bake from scratch, but admit that Breakfast bars/Breakfast biscuits have been the only thing I can stomach first thing in the mornings (for many years).

The new Kellogg's NUTRI-GRAIN Breakfast Biscuits are the lowest Carbs/Sugars breakfast bar I have found so far... even beating the Nairn's Oat biscuits I usually used to have!

I am now having a couple of these new Nutri-grain Breakfast Biscuits with a handful of almonds/nuts each morning.. the nuts seems to balance out the BG reading a bit better when having this "biscuit" kind of breakfast.

p.s. I have NO affiliation to Kellogg's.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Sainsbury's digestive biscuits to curb need for biscuit - I am talking ine occasionally slthough low is sugar does have carbs!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App