Benefit advice

brydo3226

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hy can any one give me some advice im lying in bed cant sleep my head is buzzing .i currently have medical conditions..starting with diabetes/asthma/neurothapy/pephrial vascular disease/retninal damage/small toe amputated/and now waiting to find out if my lower leg has to be amputated...would prob need to give up work if i loose my leg ...does any one know if i would be entilted to dla or pip sickness benefit.:meh:cheers brian

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can't say with any certainty but I'd imagine you'd be entitled to some benefits if you have to give up work @brydo3226 , maybe contact the Citizen's Advice and talk things over with them as they'll advise further.

Good luck and best wishes.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Seek advice @brydo3226 Brian. They will help you tick the boxes that's relevant to you.
I should have been claiming pip for yrs whilst working but never did. Although I have many health problems not directly diabetes complications.
I believe pip does cover some diabetes complications. As of esa (sickpay) I think disabled people are still espected to work but call esa for a chat. They will tell you if you qualify, for now. Maybe intrim support until an essessment?

Last edited:

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please think about getting benefits advice and help with the forms from an organisation like Citizens Advice.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You may well qualify for benefits. I know on PIP that it isn't the actual conditions that you have but how they affect you in terms of certain activities.

CAB can offer advice and help - depending on where you live your local council may be able to sign post you to other organisations that can assist with benefit advice.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
You can apply for PIP ESA council tax rebate, help with rent if in rented accommodation. You do need to see a benefits advisor though so you don't miss out on anything. CAB, welfare rights etc. can help you out.