Benefits

smoorhouse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have diabetes t1 and other medical conditions and I am not entitled to any benefits coz my hubby works 30.5 hrs is anyone else having this problem or is it just me really finding life hard at the min been out of work for 11 months any advice

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
sorry i don,t know but as you have other medical conditions, could you apply for esa?

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have diabetes t1 and other medical conditions and I am not entitled to any benefits coz my hubby works 30.5 hrs is anyone else having this problem or is it just me really finding life hard at the min been out of work for 11 months any advice
Hi have you applied for DLA now known as PIP, as long as you have supporting evidence how your diabetes is effecting you i.e letter from G.P, diabetes nurses and even your diabetic consultant it will all help plus if you an get print off of your blood glucose reading especially if you are having hypos or hypers quite frequently. Sometimes it gets refused but you have to appeal.

good luck

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Same applies here. I was made redundant and out of work for 15 months but I was only allowed to claim JSA for 6 months even though I had worked full time since leaving school. Once that stopped I had to live off redundancy as my partner works full time, I have multiple chronic illnesses but managed to hold down a full time job despite this. Unfortunately despite having many interviews I now only work 8 hours per week in an office and am unable to claim any benefits at all. Good luck with your claim - I had no luck

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At least you have income i was taking of my esa had no money ended up in hospital with not doing my inculin cos i had no food had no gas no electric finally got jsa and had appointment this time i was in hospital and still waiting for my payment 2weeks later going to get sanctioned toms cos i have had no money for my sky bill so no internet and they are going to say i could have used there computers but had no monet to get there couldnt walk as have neuropathy in my legs wich is painfull to walk a far distance so going to end up in again with no money electric gas foos nothing only using intenet now cos i am staying at a friends dont have a clue what to do they dont care a have been on phone crying eveything nothing