Bereaved but

Shecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal harmers, Smoking, Ignorance, Rudeness
I received a letter sent to me by Registered Delivery, upon opening it what I read was beyond my belief, this was a business letter written to me by my biological Sister, yes we share the same flesh and blood, this told me my Mother has died of Cancer then goes on to tell me she has left me something in her Will... Wait... My Sister lives 3 miles away from me and my Brothers not much further... It transpires my Mother died in a hospital around 30 minutes drive from my front door without my siblings bothering to tell me then they held my Mothers funeral without bothering to tell me.. There has been a family rift and I was estranged from my siblings around 10 Years ago but they have taken away my ability to say goodbye to my own Mother twice... I feel numb, cannot function and my blood sugars have gone into another level... I can't believe they have done this, my Mother would never have wanted this to happen, how could anyone be so hateful?!?!?!!!

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry, that is awful. So sad when family rifts happen but somone has to pick up the phone! We too, as with all families, have had our differences but after a few days we always make up. Presumably your problem was much worse than our minor squabbles but I would urge you to try and heal the rift; it will take time but with the will from all sides it can eventually be done.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm so sorry - that sort of behaviour is just too petty for words.

Robbity

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very sorry for your loss .. family rifts are just the worst thing. I know this as I also have a few !