HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Welcome everyone in this wonderful forum
Which was a reason to improve the lives of many people here thanks to its founders
In fact, even today, I thought that bread was the most expensive thing a diabetic had

But today I discovered information that I think deserves to be shared with you

I do not know if you are in their own countries The so-called roasted chickpeas
Today I took fifty grams of it, so the blood sugar went up from 122mg/dl to 186mg/dl
Please stay away from it
9b16e649f14143697e924811f0743347.jpg

Last edited:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can use a tsp of hummus if my bg is low. Always pops me back up

Good you’re testing and experimenting. It’s the only way to find your personal carb tolerance. Some of us can handle a few more well portion controlled carbs in the evening. We are generally most insulin resistant in the morning. But beware this CAN ffect our fasting levels. More testing....

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I can use a tsp of hummus if my bg is low. Always pops me back up

Good you’re testing and experimenting. It’s the only way to find your personal carb tolerance. Some of us can handle a few more well portion controlled carbs in the evening. We are generally most insulin resistant in the morning. But beware this CAN ffect our fasting levels. More testing....
My health has improved so much that management of things is always better than random

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My health has improved so much that management of things is always better than random
I tend to find meals that keep my bg low and stick with those at the same times of day.
Bf is always the same and lunch and dinner I mix up my proteins and veg but always the same macronutrients. Avocado with every meals keeps my bg low and slow

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

sweetbloodsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cilantro, liver, rudeness, cruelty, impatience, prejudice, hatred. kale
I learned this the hard way yesterday, eating hummus and pita bread with abandon. I'm crossing it off my list for good.