Big Thanks To All

Andrew_Type2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello and as it says above, thanks for all the very useful information you guys give. I've just been taken off Metformin by the doctor this morning and have to go back in a month to see how it's going. He couldn't believe the weight loss and told me to keep up the lifestyle change, which is down to your help with the low carb diet and all the tips.
Sorry I don't post, but as a newbie I'd always thought I'd say something stupid (like in normal life) and didn't feel comfortable trying. However lurked and read what I thought I needed to and it seemed to work for me.
I was only diagnosed in March this year by pure luck, went for something totally different as I've read many others have too, hopefully it will be kept at bay...we will see. If I can inspire someone else & give them hope then this post is for you :)

Reactions: 7 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news and very well done. Thanks for letting us know you have been successful.

Reactions: 4 people

ameeno

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done :) and hello, or should it be hello and well done!!! I love reading about other peoples success it really spurs me on so thank you for posting, much appreciated.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and as it says above, thanks for all the very useful information you guys give. I've just been taken off Metformin by the doctor this morning and have to go back in a month to see how it's going. He couldn't believe the weight loss and told me to keep up the lifestyle change, which is down to your help with the low carb diet and all the tips.
Sorry I don't post, but as a newbie I'd always thought I'd say something stupid (like in normal life) and didn't feel comfortable trying. However lurked and read what I thought I needed to and it seemed to work for me.
I was only diagnosed in March this year by pure luck, went for something totally different as I've read many others have too, hopefully it will be kept at bay...we will see. If I can inspire someone else & give them hope then this post is for you :)

Very well done @Andrew_Type2 coming off Metformin made a big difference to my life. You might find your BG goes up a bit, don't worry (I went frantic LOL) it will come down.

Great progress and very inspiring to everyone :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.

What a terrific result. Congratulations:)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow very well done.....and don't worry about saying 'stupid things' we need new posters to encourage others. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Andrew_Type2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Better update...I had to go back on metformin, so it's not a happy ending yet. Still trying though

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Better update...I had to go back on metformin, so it's not a happy ending yet. Still trying though

Is there a reason why you want to be off them?
I refused the suggestion, as they are alleged to have a lot of other benefits.