Bitter Melon and Cinnamon herbal pills

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Does anyone use bitter melon at cinnamon herbal pills from Holland and Barrett? Do they work or help lower blood?

Reactions: Olufisayo
Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've tried Bitter Mellon and it not for women that are menopausal as it triggers the cycle to begin again(ughhhh). So I've been researching alternative medicine and everything I searched pointed to Ginger Turmeric and Cinninamon.
Long story short I began consuming fresh squeezed ginger root, turmeric powder and freshly ground Cinninamon. Over time I saw my blood sugar go from 354 down to 97. I am working on my diet, and the best times to drink it. Today about 12 noon I mix it up but this time I drank it warm. I tested before I drank it i was at 354. I waited a hour after I drank it and tested again I was at 252.
So this stuff really works I just have to get timing right. I haven't taken medicine in about 4 months so it is these things that are lowering my blood sugar.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may also consider Raw Puer tea...
https://myhba1c.wordpress.com/2016/05/23/raw-puer-tea-for-glucose-control/

13653237_10154406893934445_6770788348946952241_o.jpg

Reactions: Medlinkcc_

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been using Swanson cinnamon tablets and they are amazing for lowering BS after a meal.. especially after a high carb/treat meal! Had chip shop chips last night as my weekly treat, tested 2 hours later and BS was 12.4!!! Took 2 cinnamon tablets and half an hour later BS was 5.4! Amazed! Week before had spag Bol with bread and pasta and BS was normal again in a few hours. Hoping it has an effect on my a1c test in January.

Alamode

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been eating Bitter Melon with every evening meal and It tends to lower my after meal reading to lower than my before meal reading e.g. Tonight I had Chicken curry, bitter melon curry, spinach and Dahl curry and beetroot curry so my plate was full, before my meal 6.2 two hours after my meal my reading was only 5.4

Reactions: MKD75 and Olufisayo

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
In Thailand Ginger is in lots of dishes so I do not use it on its own I buy Ceylonese Cinnamon in powder form and sprinkle it over various dishes (trial & error only very small quantities so as not to overpower dishes.) the thing I notice is that after persisting for several months my B.S. levels became much more consistent ie before might be 95mg/dl at 7am day 1 110 day 2 80 day 3 112 day 4 since using Ceylonese cinnamon no between 93 & 95 mg/dl now I do get the occasional spike but can trace this back to something I ate the night before I cant say it lowered my B.S on its own because like all of us exercise food choices stress etc. Come into play but a more level level is some thing I notice

I read somewhere that Ceylonese Cinnamon lowers your BS but the cheaper cinnamon from china (made from a different tree bark does not.......don't know which is n tablets mentioned above....Maybe just good marketing has anyone else heard this ???

Hawkey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a lot
I’ve been using Swanson cinnamon tablets and they are amazing for lowering BS after a meal.. especially after a high carb/treat meal! Had chip shop chips last night as my weekly treat, tested 2 hours later and BS was 12.4!!! Took 2 cinnamon tablets and half an hour later BS was 5.4! Amazed! Week before had spag Bol with bread and pasta and BS was normal again in a few hours. Hoping it has an effect on my a1c test in January.

Hi, that’s very interesting, I’ve heard about cinnamon.So do you take them only after a high reading or on a regular basis ? I’m newly diagnosed type 1 .

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
I’ve heard about cinnamon. I even bought the powdered one and I use it often alongside ginger n garlic. I don’t know if I bought the original one because I learned the ceylonese type was the best.

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
Gratefully grateful for all the replies!

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, that’s very interesting, I’ve heard about cinnamon.So do you take them only after a high reading or on a regular basis ? I’m newly diagnosed type 1 .

Sorry for late reply! Wasn’t aware of had replies? I take 2 pills 3 times a day and in 3 months my cholesterol has gone from 5.7 to 4.9 and a1c from 51 to 48. I don’t take the bitter melon white as often now, just the cinnamon

Reactions: Hawkey