Blister

lindiloo62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you deal with blisters? I hate buying new shoes and thebblisters on my toes .... no matter how careful I am ... I know not to use plasters but I could really use some advise please

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use blister plasters (I don't know why you say you shouldn't). With new shoes, after wearing them in the house and feeling where they MIGHT cause a problem, I use blister plasters as a preventative measure.

icetopaz

Blister plasters were recommended to me. Also read that bathing with water with few drops tea tree oil was a good antiseptic for feet to prevent infection - plus taking extra vitamin C to promote healing - plus I put castor oil on a huge blister I had at night (I had to wear flip flops it was so big) and it seemed to help dry it out and it never burst but instead it just flattened out.

Also would really recommend that you opt for extra comfy shoes like Hotter or some Clarks designs - even if they cost more then tend to last longer and are more protective for feet.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must say, I hate blisters and try very hard simply not to buy a shoe that will blister my feet. Of course, it's not always that simple, when a sneaky seam sometimes rubs after a while.

If I have a blister, I use blister pads too. They're excellent.

Have you had your feet measured recently? I lost weight after diagnosis and my feet changed. My local Clark's shop were very happy to measure my feet again about a month ago.