ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Over the past 3 to 4 weeks, when I have tested my bg prior to eating, they have been between 4.7 and 5.2 which I am very happy with.
But yesterday and today they have been between 6 and 7. And bit worried but could it be due to the hot weather

Reactions: 2 people

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine have been the same during hot weather and first thing on a morning. I have heard other people say the weather can affect your sugars.. x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Over the past 3 to 4 weeks, when I have tested my bg prior to eating, they have been between 4.7 and 5.2 which I am very happy with.
But yesterday and today they have been between 6 and 7. And bit worried but could it be due to the hot weather

Lots of people find their numbers go up when it's hot. I tend to be OK in the heat, but my numbers go up a little if I don't take in enough water.

Yours is quite a turnaround Ally. You're in a good place with your diabetes these days.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Lots of people find their numbers go up when it's hot. I tend to be OK in the heat, but my numbers go up a little if I don't take in enough water.

Yours is quite a turnaround Ally. You're in a good place with your diabetes these days.
Thank you. I have been trying very hard to get the levels down and the hard work has paid off
My fasting levels have been between 6.5 and 7.2 compared to 2 months ago when it used to be around 16

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've followed your journey from when you joined the forum and you have made so much progress in that time , well done !! Truly inspirational

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I've followed your journey from when you joined the forum and you have made so much progress in that time , well done !! Truly inspirational
Thank you. That's has made my day. It's been hard at times, and even fallen foul to cheating and eating the wrong things. Then I decided to get my backside into gear and sort out the diabetes

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning :)

Well, I had my Tony carvery last night and I gave to confess, I could almost see the roast potatoes looking at me from further up the servingvtzbke as if they were going to fly to my plate lol ;)
Unfortunately, I couldn't resist...........
I had 3 large half ones, (1.5 if that sounds better haha), though believe me I don't think it's funny, but I had them and the crackling, little ball of stuffing and lots of veg.
I also had a chocolate pudding with a scoop of icecream. Needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, but felt soo soo full afterward and the stitch in my left side and up to my arm wasn't nice. It eased and virtually went by the time we arrived home.

I didn't test my bg, too scared.

I'm aware that I shouldn't have had this last night and don't eat like that ever, we probably won't go again for another year, so with all that's going on in my life at the moment, believe me, this was a real treat.

I've tested before breakfast today and it was 11.6

I don't know what an average reading should be first thing before food, or does it depend on what you've had several hours previously?

I've had 2 weetabix for cereal as I still don't know what to have to substitute cereal that's sweet and low carb.
My reading on waking yesterday, my first day of testing, was 9.2.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

My FBG have also been between 6 and 7 the last week or so and I also don't like that. I am in Western Canada and it has been very hot here too, 30C. I have been drinking enough water to drown a whale but my numbers don't seem to want to come back down until later in the day. I just got a nice 4.7 for my last test of the day though :D:p

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Quirkybee , in order not to derail this thread, or divert attention from ally1's achievements, I respectfully refer you to the thread you started asking for advice about suitable alternatives to breakfast cereals.

The advice on blood glucose levels is also readily available in the forum pages. It is not difficult to find.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I have been trying very hard to get the levels down and the hard work has paid off
My fasting levels have been between 6.5 and 7.2 compared to 2 months ago when it used to be around 16
Great news @ally1 . You have worked hard to achieve this, through some very tough times. Well deserved success. Keep up the good work, and keep posting to inspire the rest of us. Well done!

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry, just trying to find my way around on here. I don't mean to hijack any thread. Just delete my post please, thanks.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Great news @ally1 . You have worked hard to achieve this, through some very tough times. Well deserved success. Keep up the good work, and keep posting to inspire the rest of us. Well done!
Thank you. It's with the help from members and the forum

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don,t worry about hijacking any posts
That's right, @ally1. It can be difficult finding the way around the forum at first, but members do genuinely try to help. For @Quirkybee , what I meant was it is a help to read the replies to a thread when you are looking for answers rather than asking the same question in a different thread. That way the helpful replies are much easier to find.
Hope you get that solution to what to have for breakfast soon, @Quirkybee. Have a search and read around. There are plenty of alternative suggestions for meals. Best of luck in finding what works for you.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
If this helps - breakfast for me has to be full fat Greek Yogurt, I can manage a few blueberries added but that is it and it works so I stick to it. There is not a cereal that I am able to eat without it affecting my blood sugars.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If this helps - breakfast for me has to be full fat Greek Yogurt, I can manage a few blueberries added but that is it and it works so I stick to it. There is not a cereal that I am able to eat without it affecting my blood sugars.

Yes, that and other suggestions can also be found in this thread.

Breakfast Ideas Please Similar To Cereal
Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Quirkybee, Yesterday at 10:38 PM.

75Bedford

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ally1, my pre meal levels have been slightly higher the last couple of days as well which I also put down to the warmer weather, going back down today now that its not quite so hot here. Well done on bringing your levels down, great determination!

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
but could it be due to the hot weather

What is this hot weather you talk of?!

Ally, I feel I am where you were. Its like a voyage of discovery having diabetes and this forum with its members are a real help. One thing is clear, you have to work and keep working at managing diabetes, something you do so very well.

@Quirkybee 2 Weetabix is a lot of carbs. Check out the LCHF diet for more hints and tips on foods for breakfasts et al.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
I have just had 3 weeks of higher than usual numbers, but the previous 2 weeks were lower than I usually see, no apparent reason for it -- that's T2 life all back to normal now.

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for link Pipp.

Bloods before breakfast 11.1 :(
Why are they 9 to 11 most mornings, I don't understand?

No more weetabix, I've had 4 tablespoons (is that too much?) of full fat Greek Nat yog with 5 small strawberries and little handful blueberries with a sprinkling of sweetner. Soon see what they're like in a couple of hours.